열 네

inho's backstory concept based on suspicious partner

¤━━━¤

today i smile
even if it hurts

¤━━━¤

she heard the click of the trigger, but not the rebound of the bullet. her eyes remained shut, her finger unable to press down the trigger on the gun. there were no bullets in the gun.

inho's laugh subsided, instead, his sickly words filled the empty air "i told you, i always win". with that, inho pounced at her, hyejin's eyes snapping open to see the man with a pocket knife soar towards her.

until he stopped, and fell on the floor with a thump.

chenle stood a couple metres away, a gun in hand with an angered scowl.

every bone in her body trembled as she watched the ribbons of blood design his shirt with the alluring colour of scarlet. his hair that lay like a nest flowed down in knotted streaks and his face pressed against the blood tainted floor.

her legs fell backwards on its own accord, the gun sliding from her hand to fall soullessly onto the ground.

"oh my god" her voice was barely a whisper, the blood being like a reminder of that day. the memories flashed within her eyes, each event blowing fog into her head while her feet continue to take her backwards. it all played in her vision like a movie on loop, except it was broken, the scenes choppy and unfinished. the nightmare she had feared, exhibited like a parade, the beats of the matching footsteps uneven and messy.

she felt she had lost all sight, until she fell into someone's arms, the tears that glassed over her eyes falling in delicate streams. she crashed to the floor, the opposing body crashing with her.

she didn't know who it was, she didn't care. she liked that it was warm, and comforting, that's all she needed. a hand stroked her head, her every exhale short and rusted.

"you scared me" it was familiar voice. his fingers combed through her never ending hair with such fluency it was like he had practiced.

"wh-what's- i dont-he's dead" her words didn't sync in any order, and she tried so hard to speak, only for her head to be pushed into the unknowns chest. her body was tangled with his, like a mother would to a child, but it didn't feel like that. it had a certain intimacy to it, and she wished it wouldn't end. she wished she could sleep in his arms, and dream about a daisy field where the sun glows as a spotlight that sparks up her stage

"you've been brave" his voice was honey smooth, his chin placed gently on her head while his fingers never stopped to undo the knots in her straw like hair

"you've done well" she felt as if his voice could soothe all her problems "but you're so stupid, you know that right?"

"you scared the shit out of me"

she closed her eyes and took in his milky scent

"i've never been as afraid as i was now. i thought i was going to lose you again, right in front of my very eyes, yet i listened to your dumb, dumb orders."

he paused

"you have so much power over me and you don't even know that"

"i know" she wished she could smile. she opened her eyes, because the boy she was currently in the arms of, was the thing that could calm her down in a flick of a finger. she looked up, and it felt so nostalgic.