스물아홉

a reincarnation of my childhood
dreams

¤━━━¤

"we're on our way" chenle gave her one signalling look, and she knew. they rushed their way to the car and threw themselves in as chenle took them drivers seat. cubes base was a distance away from her college, which made things slightly inconvenient but also allowed them time to clear their heads for a bit

car rides were the best for sleeping and just staring at nothingness

"how did you meet that kid before" chenle also nonchalantly, in which she resisted a chuckle "how else, college"

"well i know that much" chenle stepped on the pedal, jolting them towards as it switched to a green light

"chill he has a girlfriend" she patted chenle on the shoulder, where he snarled at her. in the next couple moments, they pulled up at cubes base where chenle slid out with hyejin following. what they did not expect was for a bullet to be wheezing their direction the moment they even stepped foot off the vehicle.

fast reflexes saved them but when their eyes attached to the busy horizon, they couldn't be in a worse position. guns were pointed at them left right and centre, and men with armour and weapons circled them, taunting them. chenle's hand weaved it's way to hyejin's wrist, clutching it as a form of reassurance. they've both been through instances like this, but every time it was so...exhilarating.

"don't move" chenle whispered through his teeth, in which she retorted back "yeah thanks for the advice, extremely helpful". she was one for sarcasm.

the quarrel of armed men then split into two sides, creating this path for a male that walked through the middle, a familiar grin across his face.

of course, the one and only, wu inho

"you thought you could outplay me, finding clues and whatnot and digging up my childish past. oh how power could change someone" he tugged, and acted very much like every movies antagonist right now.

"you're not the only one who knows your past and the things you've done" chenle forced out, keeping his eyes open for any one who even took one step out of the line. neither of them were stupid, so they didn't really listen to inhos constant talk and went straight for finding any way out of this

"what, does jisung know everything about me? do you? is my past really just that interesting?" there was something off with inho. he seemed hurt behind those words, and you could sense his hunger for revenge yet his soul leeched of pain "the last thing that damned jerk told me was that she was dead. and don't pretend you weren't there. you killed her, you're the one who belongs in jail"

hyejin chewed on her lips; this wasn't true, none of this was true. though she didn't know the full story, but she trusted chenle enough to think everything he had told her was the truth.

"chenle" hyejin glanced at the car, analysing it for a second until her eyes locked onto a sticker that was stuck right outside the window pane, the words written in tiny letters.

the boy got the hint, and through instinct, he knew she had an idea. she always did. her hands made its way to his pockets, sliding out the keys as she sucked in a circle of breath

"safety first" he reminded her as if he was some kindergarten teacher. how ironic for someone who was part of a mafia gang to say that exact phrase

"bullshit" she looked directly at inho, and saw the flames that burned to kill.

"you know nothing" chenle sensed that whatever her plan was, she was ready.