스물셋

with your one smile
with your one gesture
the spring comes

¤━━━¤

clustering around her old appartements coffee table, her and jeno leant close to each other to examine the one photo that seemed to have the whole reality weigh down on it. jisung was supposed to come, but he had been completely out of it lately, not even taking a glance at any of the clues she had found.

she was digging in a place she wasn't meant to, yet curiosity seemed to always strike at her soul. their goal was to find inho and put him behind bars, but now, she was digging into the whole backstory of starship and why inho came to be the leader.

everyone else seemed to be helping for their very own reasons, majority of them curious to see why hansol did what he did.

"i'm telling you, hansol 100% had a sister. you heard inho in the hospital, and chenle already told you hansol had a sister that he shot dead!" hyejin slammed her hand down, pencil almost snapping under the pressure

"but this picture explains otherwise! if that's hansol in the picture, there's no way in hell he had a sister. chenle and jisung could be lying! i mean, how would they have known that that was hansol sister! not his girlfriend or something!" jeno rebutted, frantically pointing at the rip in the page

"but that's the thing. you don't even know if that's hansol in the picture! what if it's inho!"  hyejin argued, the rest of the nct members blocking their ears

"does that look like inho to you?!" jeno three his hands up, exhausted

"i mean it's a childhood photo, glow ups are a thing you know!"

"either way that's hansol in the photo"

"do you not realise that if that is in fact hansol in the photo, hansol worked for starship while being in nct!"

the whole room seemed to stop

"come with me" chenle abruptly bolted up, taking her by the wrist and leaving the room with a head full of questions.

"what- let go of me" they struggled along the path, until they reached chenle's room, his grip so tight there was no way of escape.

as soon as the rooms door swung open, chenle released his grip and her arm swung away.

"please stop digging in a place you're not meant to" chenle breathed, taking everything it takes to maintain himself from lashing out

"no, i'm digging in a place you're afraid to" she shot right back.

"hansols dead, there's nothing else to it. we shot him because he sold our keycards elsewhere. the story isn't that complicated" chenle tried to get that knowledge through her head, but some pieces never line up in a lie

"that girl that inho was talking about in the hospital, you said that was inhos girlfriend, and also hansol sister. so what right do you have to tell me that story isn't as complicated as it seems!"

chenle realised he caught himself in his own lie. he didn't know her memory was that good.

"now what i don't understand is the fact you shot her...and that's it? is that all there is to it? you may be as empty as the air, but you wouldn't kill someone just because they were the shield! and...and hansol. he worked for starship while he was in nct, but then why the hell is the photo in starship van when hansols dead?"

"please just stop!" chenles voice reverted off the walls, stopping her dead in her tracks.

"this story doesn't belong to you so stop flipping the pages so aimlessly. drop it"