사십일

it's the end

¤━━━¤

2 MONTHS LATER...

"joo hyejin?" the section leader looked up from the clipboard, in which she replied to with a blank 'present'. the leader gave her a look, signalling for her to come talk to him after morning call.

as soon as the morning call had finished, she bowed politely and followed the same guy who had executed winwin into a small room.

"so a new case was sent in" the man nodded, passing her a clipboard folder. she took it, a fowl expression on her face

her eyebrows rose, reading the name of the gang they were going against.

"this is..." she breathed, gulping down a lump of saliva

"they wanted you to be part of this case, since it involves a bit of engineering. nct will have a car parked into the oil station at this time, and when they get out of the car to the reception, you're going to unlock their boot and take member profiles folder."

"wait" she furrowed her eyebrows "why?"

"starship sold the profiles to us and because of some traitor it was given back. it's rightfully ours. we will send some other combat guys as backup" the leader nodded for the 50th time, placing a hand on her shoulder "don't fail us like you're friend did"

she scoffed, clenching her fingers together "you know nothing"

¤━━━¤

breathing with heavy breaths, she weaved her way to the bushes nearby. this was ridiculous, but she had a plan.

the car had expectedly drove into the station, it's wheels screeching. couple seconds later, a couple people had jumped off the van but they didn't simply go to the reception to pay: they held guns, pointing straight in the direction of the people in the reception.

"what are they doing..." she waited for the cue in her earpiece to buzz before sliding behind their car, hand grasped around a specific tool she used to undo car boots.

there were yells and hallows inside the reception, but she didn't see it, she was focussed straight on what's at hand. fiddling with the different mechanics in the boot key hole, she had gotten it within 2 minutes. swinging the boot open, she cambered into the car and located the folder in the corner of their boot.

glancing around, she also noticed a gun slotted comfortably around a strip of weapons stuck on the side of the car. fluently sliding one out, she loaded it and slammed her finger onto the window button to lower it, only slightly.

"TOP training better not fail me" she examined what the hell was going on in the reception but conveniently, the piles of people in there had tumbled out, all pointing guns at each other in a threat.

some other gang had surrounded nct, completely outnumbering them as they circled them with guns to their head. then she saw a couple of muffled demands, followed by the hesitant placing of several guns

"are they stupid" she scoffed, squinting one eye and holding down the trigger. this could go fatally wrong, but it was worth a try. aiming directly at the leader of starship, she did hesitate for a second the moment she noticed one member of nct stare right at her despite the one way window.