삼십팔

i want it nonstop

¤━━━¤

3 MONTHS LATER...

"dong sicheng" she yelled from almost 50
meters away, holding up his keycard in the air.

"shut up, you're going to wake boss up" winwin ushered, bringing a finger to his lips.

"catch" she catapulted his keycard towards the boy who probably grew another good inch. hair dyed a newly dark brown and a slowly maturing face, he still stayed as the same winwin who cared more for hyejin than for himself.

the days grew old and the old eagle that cawed seemed to grow exhausted too. but hyejin never stopped checking her phone for a single message. everyday, she would click on her phone in futile hopes that chenle had decided to reach out to her after not
leaving her with a goodbye. today was the same, and the results remained.

"do you have a mission today?" she whistled, popping a chip into her mouth as her eyes scanned over their notice board that was extremely innovative for the era they were living in. who has an automatically switching notice board nowadays.

"yeah" winwin pulled his bag over his back, ensuring all his safety gear and weapons were safely packed.

TOP had been decent to them: providing them with a good sized room, enough equipment for missions, assigning suitable jobs, paying them the right amount and even feeding them
more than they probably should. it was an upgrade from Stone without a doubt.

"they say you have to come with me for today, something about advanced locks and whatnot."

hyejin's eyes lit up. she hadn't done a combat mission since the moment she stepped foot into the base and she was missing the adrenaline.

"don't get too excited, i declined. plus, today's mission is not even in the city" winwin's mind was constantly plagued with the reminders chenle had suggested three months again, hence why he declined.

"what? you can't live my life for me" she groaned, throwing a cup at him

"you're not experienced enough. be able to hit a bullseye and then you can go" winwin nodded, poking at her horrible archery skills "i'm going now. don't even try to follow me, i will personally report you"

"screw you and your big ego" she hissed. winwin rolled his eyes, and left for his mission. but after a couple minutes, their section leader had walked in with scavenging eyes.

"where's winwin?" he asked, locking eyes with hyejin

"he's on a mission, didn't you know?" something seemed off

"oh already? i thought he had a mission in a couple hours"

"he said it was out of the city so it may take longer" she stood up slowly, confusion etching her face

"what? we're in a crucial resource loss period right now, we can't afford to do big missions out of the city. and for one, we wouldn't be sending him alone. where is he going?"

"i don't know..." she may have an idea where winwin was heading

"i'll track him. if we find him doing something against our rules, i should warn you about the consequences beforehand. i hope you're aware"

she was, she was well aware.

it was execution, or nothing

¤━━━¤