열 여덟

just don't forget this one night
far from now there will be a star
will lift your spirits
that star will be me

¤━━━¤

chaos broke out, chenle and hyejin separating as she grabbed the earpiece and shoved it into her ear. ten's voice quickly buzzed in his ear, the quality of the audio a major degrade from his usual office one.

"hyejin you havent explain-"

"nows not the time" she escaped from chenles grip as she raced off towards renjun who was retreating with fear splashed across his face.

"where are the weapons!?" she screamed over the loud drumming of footsteps. renjun took hold of the non-combat members behind him, while shielded by a frantic jungwoo. everything was all over the place, and they weren't in good shape for a battle.

"catch" yangyang threw a gun at her, in which she turned around to watch chenle scurry around the corner, dodging multiple flying bullets.

"chenle!" she yelled, throwing the gun to him where he caught it effortlessly. she needed to get the weapons around to all the combat members, but there were merely 4 combat members on sight, the rest being non-combat.

it wasn't like the non-combats couldn't defend themselves, it was just like they couldn't win a match over those who fight for a living.

"hyejin go to taeil, now!" chenle hollowed, aware of the fact she running through the war zone blindly. she was dumb enough to ignore him as she sped past the crowd and slipped around the corner.

a gun her eyes shot around, sweeping the floor with her eyes and locking it on the black weapon. quite inconveniently, another body dashed at it, hyejin pursing her lips and kicked the gun right into the hands of jaehyun

a deafening gun shot flew out of the device, the starship member thumping to the ground with cries of mercy. it wasn't the time to pity.

"jaehyun pass the other gun to me" she yelled, hiding behind a poll as jaehyun threw the gun at her, which she caught after fumbling with the device

she glanced around at her, determined to get inside the truck that was parked right outside the entrance.

it was utter chaos. the bodies piling up like litter and debris, and the disgusting merciless attitudes from both gangs. there was adrenaline to it all, yet the adrenaline seemed wrong. each life that was taken seemed so fast there wasn't even time to feel guilty. it was a race of how many you've killed, and how many bullets you've dodged

hyejin shook her head and bit her lip in hope to bee line to the van, but there were too many people that seemed to be stuck in their own war. everything felt like twenty bricks on her shoulders as the war in front of her seemed to blur into just bullet flying at each other, decorated of red balloons and confetti that could scream.

she knew what cube wanted: her. cube wasn't a good mafia gang; they were hungry for money and reputation, eager for higher ups to notice them and use them for power, but nor were they entirely bad. they followed orders, but what was most important, was that they were loyal.

something hyejin wasn't back in the day

they followed starship like ducklings, waddling around and playing simon says. they did what they were told, and there was never doubt in loyalty when it came to cube. hence why they caught themselves in a blood path that doesn't even involve their mafia gang