I

Take Me To Wonderland...

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

I smiled and I sighed a sigh of relief as Xavier and I walked off the basketball court hand in hand. I was a free man, free to live life the way I wanted to live it. I was free to love who I wanted to love whether it be a male or female. I had a beautiful spirit next to me and I was blessed that I did not have to keep such a prized possession hidden from the spotlight. We can now show the world our love and put it on full display for everyone to see. After some of the darkest and pain-ridden moments in my life, I was ecstatic to be surrounded by such joy and positivity.

After waiting for most of my life, I could finally be myself with the one who I truly love. As Wells Fargo Center began to empty, Xavier and I stood in the tunnel heading back to the locker rooms. We stood silent as we stared at each other while we held each other's hand. All of a sudden, Xavier grabbed me and we held each other in an embrace. I smiled because I was truly happy. I have never felt so much joy in my adult life and I pray that this is only the beginning. As I stared at this beautiful young man in front of me, memories began to flood my mind...even though some of the worst events of our lives thus far occurred just a couple of days ago, we survived them with grace and for that, I am grateful to God for blessing with a support system and with my boyfriend. Xavier was a literal gift from God, who brought me immense joy and happiness.

From the Point of View of Xavier James

After the mandatory press conference, Ben and I stood and took pictures for the reporters. He held my hand as we stood side by side. I took off my sunglasses, I held them in my hands I looked up at Ben with love in my eyes. Suddenly, tears began to fall from my eyes, these were not mere tears of sadness, instead, they were tears of blissful joy. Ben shed a tear as well. I was immensely proud to call such a brave man mine. He risked it all for me...His career, his endorsements...EVERYTHING for ME. For that, I will be forever grateful to Benjamin Simmons. Ben leaned down and kissed me again for the reporters. I smiled because I knew he did this to cause an uproar. He loved to be the center of attention. We laughed after we shared a kiss in front of the reporters for the third time.

"Alright, you guys! Xavier and I are gonna call it a night. You all have a great night!" Ben smiled at the reporters as he grabbed my hand, and waved at the reporters before we left the press conference room.

As we left the room and entered into a hallway with privacy, I grabbed Ben's sweaty jersey and I pulled him in and began to make out with him. He picked me up and he held me against the wall and kissed my neck profusely. I moaned slightly and he shooshed me a little. After we made out for a couple of seconds, the fire was still raging between us, but for the time being, we had to calm down. Ben and I walked into the Locker Room, and thankfully, it was empty. There was a gift from Coach Brett Brown in Ben's cubby. Ben took out a note from under the bow that wrapped the box. Ben read the note out loud so that I could hear it's contents.