XX

Ain't That Kind of Friend...

Two Hours Later

From The Point of Rowan "RJ" Barrett Jr.

We didn't say a word on the way back from the Awards ceremony, we just sat in silence as the limousine whisked us back to our hotel.  I mulled over what just occurred, everything from my exposure to Cameron coming into the event nearly assassinating Giannis... My mind was racing and it was in shambles... all at the same time. I glared out of the window, at the road that seemed to pass us slow as shit, the moon was high in the sky, brilliantly lit and it only made me fume more. Even though I was silent, my silence did not mean I was complicit to Giannis' actions. I could not get to our hotel room fast enough. Today's actions from Giannis were the straw that broke the camel's back. I stayed calm and I played the part, the part that he likes. Be "quiet" and "smile" and "act like we have nothing going on" were all he used to say to me. I begged him not to release my secret to the world and tonight he did it against my wishes. I bent backward and I did anything he said and he still betrayed me like this, not only in front of the basketball players found around the league but also the entire fucking world. And if that wasn't hard enough, I had to explain this shit to my family. But before that happened, I had to take care of Giannis and give him a taste of his own medicine. This is what he deserves and this is what he needs. Over the past couple of months, I have pushed my pain deep down within me, making sure it didn't rear its ugly head, but today the pressure was too much... Once we were in our room, Giannis turned and looked at me as I slammed the door to our hotel suite shut.

"Look...I'm so so so sorry Rowan..." He said as he slowly walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I forgive you..." I said as I looked him in his eyes.

All of a sudden, an animal snarl clawed it's way up my throat. "But, I'm going to kill you."  I punched Giannis with such force that he fell to the ground in pain as he held his jaw with both of his hands. I picked him up and I slammed him on the wall before Giannis began to bury me in punches over and over again. Tears began to fill my eyes, not because of sadness, but because of rage. Giannis cheated on me and he exposed me all in one night and he really thought I was just supposed to be ok with this? He must be out of his motherfucking mind. In a fit of rage, I pushed Giannis off of me so hard that he flew to the opposite side of the room. I grabbed a chair and I threw it at him. Once I was closer to him, I grabbed the chair and I began to beat him with it, listening to him beg me to stop. But I didn't, he didn't think about my feelings when he emotionally hurt me, he didn't stop to think about my feelings when he was exposing me, or when he was cheating on me, so why should I listen to him now. His pleas went unanswered and ignored...

Giannis got up once again and he began to throw glass items at me, before he began to swing a couple of punches my way, only landing one of them in my face. All of a sudden, Giannis pounced and he landed on top of me with a firm grip around my neck. I saw the look in his eyes, he was hurt, but he knew that he wanted to protect himself from what I was inflicting upon him. But I saw more than that, I saw pain... a life of pain is what I saw deep into those brown eyes of his. As he continued to choke me, I glanced where ever I could from my viewpoint. I noticed just behind Giannis was a tall lamp with glass elements attached to it. I began to kick the lamp forcefully, and after a couple of tires, it fell on him and made him break his grip from around my neck.