XII

How Deep Is Too Deep???

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

The Next Morning

Birmingham, Alabama - UAB Hospital

After a goodnight's rest, I was awakened by the light that streamed through my window. I looked down and I saw Xavier who was sound asleep as he wore the same blood-stained clothing he wore yesterday. The events over the past two days reignited the fire and determination within me. I knew for a fact I had to take Leonard out, I had to kill him. If I didn't take him out first, I knew for a fact that he would take me out. Then there were the other problems I faced, I had to take out Giannis and Cam. Thankfully, Cam would be taken care of with an elaborate plan by the great mastermind; Jimmy Butler. That only left Giannis, which I would have to neutralize with the help of Buddy and Marvin. I sat in the bed, as I smiled and twiddled my fingers. I was thankful that my plans where finally starting to piece themselves together. This singular event was the fire I needed under to my ass to seek revenge on all of those motherfuckers.

"Well, Good Morning!" I heard Xay exclaimed with a yawn.

"Good Morning," I smiled as I turned and looked at him.

"How did you sleep?" I asked.

"I slept well, but the real question is how did you sleep Ben?" he quizzed as he stretched.

"I slept good, just been having a couple of ideas on my mind...hopefully everything will work out." I sighed.

"Whatever it is...It will be ok Ben," he smiled.

"Thanks, Xay...but you should go home and freshen up..." I advised as I turned and looked directly toward him.

"No, Ben...I'm staying here with you." He countered.

"Baby, you need to get some rest and you need to freshen up...you stink..." I laughed.

Xavier turned and looked at me with a blank look on his face.

"Ok...ok...In all seriousness, would you please change into something presentable, I don't want you to walk around with blood all over you while wearing a ripped shirt..." I admitted.

"Ok, I agree, but let's just compromise, I'll ask my parents or one of my brothers to bring me a change of clothes up here, then I'll just shower in the restroom," he proposed.

"I guess you got a deal." I chuckled.

"Thank you. I'll be right back, Imma call Mama and see how the family is holding up," he beamed as he stood over me, leaned down, and gave me a kiss.

"Alright," I grinned as I turned on the TV.

From the Point of View of Xavier James