IX

Get The Fuck Out...

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

I felt more confident after I met Xavier's Mother and Father. Even though Xavier continued to warn me about eh rest of the family, I felt like my charm and charisma could just about get me through anything. After we left the airport, we hopped on the expressway. As we headed toward downtown Birmingham, I grabbed Xavier's hand as the skyline began to reveal itself from behind the trees. I smiled as I held his hand because I thought of everything that was planned at his parent's house, even though he felt the exact opposite. I glanced at Xavier, as he looked out the window toward downtown, he didn't seem to be too happy to be back home, maybe he had negative memories or emotions about Birmingham, maybe that was why he did not want to return...

"Are you ok baby?" I asked as I focused on the road.

"Yeah, I am, I'm just thinking about how I'm going to introduce you to the rest of my family..." he considered.

"Oh. I see, well, baby, throw all those negative thoughts out of your mind, everything will be ok...I know it will, I feel it..." I smiled.

"Mhm, I'll try...But what hotel are we staying at ?"

"Grand Bohemian Hotel." I smiled.

"Oh? I've never heard of that one...it must be new?" he quizzed.

"Yeah, it is, it's in an area called Mountain Brook, I think?" I questioned.

"Oh, out it's behind the mountain, in an affluent area of town." Xavier smiled.

The Grand Bohemian Hotel - Birmingham, Alabama

A Few Minutes Later

"Damn Ben! This is nice this was not here the last time I was in town...It's nice to see some progress in the city!" Xavier exclaimed with a smile.

"I knew you would like it! I'm glad the both of us have great taste." I smiled.