XXII

But in stillness, You get to take a closer look at where you been,Where you're at and where you wanna go...

From The Point of View of Xavier James

The Plaza Hotel - New York City, New York

Seconds after Chris Paul announce the sanctions on Giannis, on live television, my stomach began to churn and anxiety began to run through my veins. I see what the league was trying to do, they were trying to give him some type of punishment to make him comply with the rules of the league, I'm sure that they knew all of the things that Giannis has done to us, but these sanctions were not enough to stop Giannis. The league and all of the fans had given him too much power and influence and it went straight to his head. I have said this before in private to Ben and I will say this again. There are three parties to blame for the creation of the monster we know as Giannis. Buddy, The NBA, and The Fans. Why did I include the league and the fans? Because they are the ones who have given him too much praise and notoriety based on the fact that they have made millions off of his rags to riches life story, and secondly, because the fans have basically worshiped Giannis to the point that he thinks he is invincible and can get away with murder if he chooses to... As I paced the floor waiting for the love of my life to return to me, I received a text from my brother, Quentin, announcing that he and my other two brothers would be making a trip to visit Ben and I tomorrow... With such short notice, I panicked. I needed to make sure the house was in order, and if Ben would be free to help me host them while they were in town... as soon as I was about to have a panic attack, Ben walked into the hotel suite, looking extremely dapper in a navy blue fitted suit, a crisp white shirt, red tie and a pair of light brown dress shoes.

"Babe, calm down, I'm sure you've heard the news calm down," Ben said as he sprinted over to me and held me in an embrace.

"I'm upset about that too. But we have bigger fish to fry." I said as I looked up at Ben.

"What is it?" he prodded as he looked down at me with concern in his eyes.

"My brothers are making a trip to Philly tomorrow to visit us and congratulate us on our engagement, on behalf of the family." I moaned as I rolled my eyes in irritation.