IV

Ain't No Other Man But You...

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

This had to be someone up to no good...this had to be some trick. I'm sure Xavier and Dwight Howard were just having a simple conversation...I knew deep down in my soul this had to be the work of Giannis...It's so obvious, he does sloppy work and I still cannot fathom how he won MVP over LeBron, but I'll save that conversation for a different time. Giannis is so predictable, I'm sure he probably did this to cause a rift in between Xavier and I. Still in the back of my head, I wanted to know what those two were talking about, so I decided to wait for Xavier to wake up. I didn't get back in the bed, but instead, I sat on the chaise lounge, crossed my legs, and stared at Xavier patiently until he woke up. After twenty minutes of waiting, he finally decided to wake up from his slumber.

Xavier sat up in the bed and he looked at the spot where I slept, he had a puzzled look on his face as he looked around the room, but he finally turned and looked at me as I sat across the room.

"Well good morning Ben! Why are you all the way over there?" he quizzed.

"I got something I want to talk to you about..." I seethed, trying to contain my anger.

"Ben!? What's wrong? Tell me?" he asked with concern in his face.

"I got some pics of you and Dwight Howard on the court yesterday..." I addressed.

"Huh?" puzzled Xavier as he walked over and sat next to me.

"Show me the photographs," he demanded.

"Gladly." I mocked.

My mind began to fill with thoughts, negative thoughts about what Dwight could've tried to do Xavier. If my skin could turn colors, I would turn green...because I would be Green with envy right about now. I showed Xavier the pictures that I received on my phone. Xavier stared at the phone, then back at me and back at the phone again.

"So what do you have to say, Xavier," I said as I stared at him with a blank look on my eyes.

"I'm gonna be completely transparent with you Ben. I don't want to jeopardize our relationship and I want to be honest with you...He was flirting with me, and at first, I was flirting back, but when he said he wanted to fuck me, that was when I drew the line. I ended the conversation amicably and went on my way. And that was that." Xavier said as he stared at me.

I stared into his eyes and I could tell he was telling the truth. I knew when he was lying because his eye would twitch a little. Thankfully, Xavier was being honest with me. Even though I was still a little upset, I directed my anger toward Dwight and not Xavier.

"Babe, I appreciate your honesty, but just be mindful and careful, people or even worse, the media might have a field day with these type of pictures, so please just be careful, but in the meantime we need to make a plan, just in case these pictures get published..." I sighed as I felt the anger leave my body.