XIII

I Aint With All The Talk Or The Chit Chat...

From The Point of View of Jamie Jenkins 

 After I pulled the guns out of my pants, I shot Leonard instantly

After I pulled the guns out of my pants, I shot Leonard instantly. I was so shocked at what I did, my mind went blank, and Shake held me as I held the smoking gun. I dropped the gun and I held onto Shake as Buddy Heild and Marvin Bagley III ran over to the front of the table where Ben, Xavier, Shake, Tobias, and I stood. Ben, Tobias, and Xavier all had looks of shock and awe written all over their faces. Suddenly, my mind began to run wild with thoughts of what could happen. Would I go to Jail? Would I be arrested tonight? Should I run away right now and never come back? All of those questions swirled in my head, and suddenly I spoke as Xavier pulled out his phone.

"Don't call the cops...Please don't call the cops!" I screamed as tears began to stream down my face.

"Jamie, we have to..." Xavier begged as he held his phone.

"Baby, please we gotta do this, we don't want anything coming back to bite us in the ass..." Shake added as he held me.

"Dude, we gotta get rid of that body and the best way to get rid of that damn body is to call the cops and say that you killed him in self-defense," Tobias spoke as he looked at all of us.

"That sounds like a plausible plan T." Ben agreed.

"We need to sit down and make sure all of this will work, and we need to make a quick plan before we call the cops." Representative Mattie Williams spoke as she slowly walked up to us.

"We all should go to the house, sit down for a minute so we can get our thoughts together." Buddy sighed as he whipped the sweat from his forehead.

"Alright then you guys, come on in," Ben spoke as he waved everyone toward the house.

After a short walk to the house, we arrived in the living room and we all sat around where we could see each other's faces clearly. Per usual, Xavier and Ben sat at the head of the room, they both had a commanding presence. Shake and I sat across from them on the other side of the room. Xavier stood up and he began to lead the debate of how we should handle this situation as Leonard's lifeless body lay in blood under the tent outside.