XXIII

There's No One That I Trust Like You...

From the Point of View of Chavano "Buddy"  Hield

From the Point of View of Chavano "Buddy" Hield

I stood, frozen in fear as I watched Ben fume on the opposite end of the bathroom. What was I supposed to do? Should I leave out of the bathroom and act as nothing happened, should I try to console him, or should I beg for forgiveness? My mind raced with thought after thought as the seconds ticked by... Those seconds felt like hours... Ben stood at the end of the restroom, and he gave me a look that he only gave people when he wanted to kill them; he gave me the death glare. I was not afraid of Ben at all, not by a long shot, but I was fearful that I might have to fight him. I could never see myself fighting Ben because ever since we'd known each other, we had always fought for each other, not against each other.

After I was alone in my mind, with my thoughts for a few seconds, Ben finally ran over to me and swung at my face. Right then and there, I panicked. I did not want to beat Ben's ass, even though I was more than capable of doing so. Because I had so much love and respect for him, the only thing I did was physically restrain him. I held Ben on the cold bathroom wall; I made sure he could not escape my grip at all.

"I should fucking murder you right here in this fucking bathroom... It's a fucking emergency, all you think of was to kiss me! Right when my fiance walked through the fucking door!" Ben screamed in anger.

"Ben, please calm down. We don't need to attract any unwanted attention. Please, this was just a mistake; I'm so sorry." I panicked.

"Aight, go give your Lil fucking speech Buddy, I'll handle you later; we have bigger fucking fish to fry; from what I was reading, Cam Reddish and RJ Barrett are being held, hostage." he sighed as he tried to straighten up his clothing.

"From who?" I gasped.

"Take a wild guess, dumb ass..." Ben said as he rolled his eyes while he stared at himself in the mirror.

"Oh...Oh shit...We gotta get them quick." I panicked.

"Naw Buddy, you've already done too much damage. I'll handle it by myself..." Ben sighed in irritation before he turned and walked out of the restroom.

From The Point of View of Benjamin Simmons