VIII

Step Into My Life...

From The Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

After we had a conversation with our friends, Xavier and I called it a night pretty early. We wanted to leave San Francisco early in the morning before the rest of the team. We planned to leave the city around 5 AM. As Xavier and I walked to our hotel suite, I continued to correspond with Jimmy through text, we both agreed that we should try to neutralize Cam in Philadelphia. That would be best because it would not be feasible to try to lure him to a different city. I smirked at all of the ways I could torture Cam. He would never harass Xavier or I, or anyone ever again, and that's a promise. He should've known better. Harassing Xavier was the worst damn thing he could do...

"What are you smirking at Ben?" Xavier asked with a slight giggle.

"Just planning a little something..."I licked my lips as I opened the door to our room.

"I guess...nigga you always planning and plotting something..." He rolled his eyes with a smile.

"Damn right, when you don't plan, you plan to fail baby." I smiled as I closed the door behind us and locked it.

"True shit!" he shrugged before he took off his muscle shirt.

I smiled at him as he walked to the bathroom, Xavier paused, turned around, and smiled at me. He smirked as he took off his underwear and shorts. He stood there and stared at me, and I knew right then and there, he was beckoning me to shower with him. Even though I was exhausted from our long day, I could never turn down a hot and steamy shower with Xavier. I smirked at Xavier, stripped naked, and I followed him into the bathroom. Even though this was nothing new for both of us, for some reason, it always felt like it was a brand new experience. I guess that's how you know we are really deeply in love with each other. After we made out in the shower, we bathed and we called it a night.

Xavier and I had a very busy day tomorrow. We planned to return to Philly, Secondly  I secretly scheduled the both of us a home-based appointment with my Psychiatrist and his wife, lastly we were scheduled to travel to Birmingham for Xaviers's great grandma's ninety-fifth birthday party. As you can imagine, I have a lot on my plate, and even though Xavier and I are heading down south this weekend, I hated that Xavier's Spring Break was coming to end. I hated that because class would be back in session, which meant that Xavier could not attend my games as often as the both of wanted. But in the end, all of this will be worth it when Xavier walked across the stage and earns his degree in Business Administration in May...

The Next Morning - 4:00 AM

After a great night's rest with Xavier in my arms, both of us were awakened by a blaring alarm I set on my phone. We hopped out of bed and prepared for the day that laid ahead. Both of us didn't dress fancy or flashy today, we decided to wear sweatsuits since today was going to be a travel day. Xavier seemed slightly irritated per usual, it was most likely because he hasn't had his morning coffee yet, I tried to cheer him up by cracking jokes and trying to make him laugh. He still seemed a little irritated, I loved Xavier and I want him to be a completely healthy individually, mentally and spiritually... That is why I decided to make an appointment with my therapist. I needed to speak with him on my own, but I also noticed something about Xavier that did not seem normal, I knew something had to be wrong with him. I just could not put my finger on what exactly is wrong with him.