VI

How Many Ways...

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

From that day on...I knew Buddy was a habitual liar. I had to do some serious evaluation on our friendship, I don't ever think I would be able to trust him ever again after today...Xavier and Marvin hopped in the pool and they separated us. If not, I could imagine what would've happened if one of us drowned in the pool. Just know it wouldn't have been, me that would've drowned. My emotions ran wild, I felt like I was betrayed by Buddy. I went to Atlanta to protect Buddy from being exposed  and this is what I got in return. Buddy lied straight to my face. I was distraught as Xavier held me and rocked me back in forth in a soothing motion. Buddy cried as Marvin held him in his arms...

"Ben I am so sorry...I did it! I did it!" Buddy cried as Marvin tried to soothe him.

"Fuck you, Buddy. I will never trust you again, I put my fucking life in danger to protect YOU...they were about to expose you and I went because I love you, man...I went to protect YOU! Because I thought you would do the same thing for me...But now, I don't even know anymore!!"  I shouted from the other side of the pool as Marvin and Buddy sat on the other side.

"Look, I think y'all should just talk about all this once you calm down, emotions are high and you two are both flying off at the handle, just calm down and we can talk about this tonight after the game..."Marvin suggested.

"I totally agree Marvin!" Xavier added as he laid his head on my shoulder as he held me.

Golden 1 Center - Home of The Sacramento Kings

From The Point of View of Xavier James
Later That Evening

After the fight that occurred at Buddy's home, I felt a little better to leave the house and head to the Golden 1 Center. As we headed to the arena, I stared at Ben as we sat in the back of an Escalade. I noticed that he had a couple of scratches on his arms and he had a really small scratch on his face. I grabbed Ben's as I stared at him, I admired him, but I also saw the pain he hid from me. He was genuinely hurt by Buddy and I could not get upset about that not one bit. I was blessed that Ben did not project that negativity into our relationship, thanked God he knew how to control his emotions, except for today when he reached his breaking point. But I'll give him a pass, he deserved to let out all his emotions especially what happened a few hours ago.