V

Lies, Lies, Lies...

From The Point of View of Xavier James

As Ben and I sat in our suite, in the aftermath of what occurred at The Staples Center, my mind wondered what type of consequences Ben and Paul could face since they fought on national television. Ben's cell phone was ringing constantly, it rung so much that both of us decided to turn off our phones and just chill in the solitude of our own little world we created in our hotel suite. Tomorrow would be different, very different. We would travel to Sacramento, to play The Sacramento Kings and instead of staying in a hotel, we would stay with Buddy. I could already tell that tomorrow was going to be one hell of a day. But as these thoughts were in my mind, I remembered that Ben and I had a very important task to complete... I looked up at Ben and I smirked at him, I laid in his arms as we watched TV.

"Wassup baby ?" Ben asked with a look of intent on his face.

"You must not remember," I smirked as I got up and stared at Ben.

"What do you mean ?" he quizzed.

"You promised me that you would call back home Ben." I sighed.

"You're right and I am a man of my word." Ben sighed as he got up and walked over to our bed. He sat on the edge of the Bed and he stared at the phone on the nightstand.

I saw the fear in Ben's eyes. But this was not regular fear that scares a person, this was a fear of rejection. I also saw the courage in his eyes, he knew he had to do this whether it was sooner or later, it had to happen. Ben's courage was a trait I admired about him, he is one of the most courageous people I know.

"Just know this...I love you Xavier and I'm doing this for you." Ben said as he leaned over to me and kissed me on the cheek.

"I love you too baby, and I know that everything will be ok, I have faith it will be ok." I smiled.

Ben picked up the phone and dialed the number. He sighed as he lifted the phone to his ear and listened to it ring. I sat by him on the edge of the bed and I grabbed his hand as we sat with bated breath in our dimly lit hotel suite. After a few rings he finally, got an answer. he decided to put the phone on speaker. I guess he wanted me to hear the conversation.

"Hello?" Ben said as he held the phone.

"Benny!? Is that you?" a female voice asked through the phone.

"Yes, Mum. How are you ?" he asked.

"I'm alright, we haven't heard from you in some time," she said as her thick Australian flow out of the phone. 

"Yes, um, I am sorry about that..." Ben sighed as he began to unmask his Australian accent.

"Well...we heard the news..." Ben's mom said as he jumped to the chase.