XXIV

Heavy Is The Head That Wears The Crown...

From The Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

As I sat on the cold concrete floor, I sat in awe as I glanced at Giannis' lifeless body. I was scared of what could happen to me. Like I said before, I knew I would have to damn near exhaust all of my connections, but even if I do exhaust them all, I knew there was a chance that I could not get out of murdering Giannis Antetokounmpo, one of the most visible and known players in the league. Xavier glanced at me, and he walked over to me and held me in an embrace; I'm sure he could tell I was not ok. Even though Giannis and I were adversaries, I never would've thought that I would be the one to take his life. How would his family respond to the news? How would all of this play out? I had so many questions, and I knew for a fact that they would go unanswered for quite a long time. As my mind began to spiral out of control, Xavier released me from his embrace, and he stood up and looked at everyone.

"We have to find any cameras in this house and on this property, and we have to destroy them." he stated while he held both of his hands together.

"Xavier, there is a security center in this house; as I said a few minutes ago, Giannis showed me the blueprints to this house, and I remember them with great detail. We can go there, and we can see where all the cameras are. Therefore, once we see where all the cameras are, we can destroy them that way." Buddy explained.

"Oh, thank you, God! You are useful, aren't you, Buddy!" Xavier acknowledged with a hint of sarcasm.

"Um? Are you guys gonna unchain us or what?!" Cam exclaimed as he shook the chains.

"Oh, sorry, cmon guys, let's get these men unchained." Xavier urged as he walked over to RJ and tried to remove the shackles from around his wrist.

"Ben, put these gloves on and look for keys in Giannis' pockets." he pulled out a pair of blue surgical gloves and threw them in my direction.

"Ok...I replied as I picked up the gloves, put them on, and searched in Giannis' pcokets. After reaching my hand in his pocket, I struck gold; I found a pair of keys. Hopefully, one of the keys will unlock the shackles that are bound to our friends.

I walked over and stood next to Xavier and RJ, I grabbed the shackles, and I tested each key to see if it would fit in the lock. After a couple of tries, I found the right key, and RJ was freed from the Schacles of Giannis. I'm sure this was pretty symbolic to him. He was finally free from the Schacles of Giannis.

"All of this will stay between us. I will not tell a soul, even if I'm under oath...Everyone here has saved me and my boyfriend's life." RJ said as he stood up and hugged me.

"Same here..." Damian added as he raised his hand in agreement.

"Cmon y'all. Let's go handle this business, let's go find all the cameras and get rid of them all." Buddy said as he walked toward the door.