Deer in the headlights

Trevor's POV

I woke up and saw that Henry wasn't in the room, I reached for the nightstand to get my phone and I saw a note.

Hey Zegs,

If you are reading this you are awake. Wait duh. I went for a bagel, I'll bring you one back, start getting dressed and I'll call an Uber to go to the ducks' practice

XoXo Gossip Girl
Lol no it's actually your beautiful roommate

I shook my head and put on some workout clothes while I waited for Henry to come.

Less than a minute later Henry comes in with a bag from Einstein Bro's Bagels and he is wearing a hilarious T-shirt.

"Listen Henry, I know that the Ducks used to be owned by Disney but, what the heck is that shirt?!?" I said trying not to laugh.

"You don't like it?" He says with a fake hurt expression. I shook my head and read the shirt out loud.

"Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons?" I said laughing

"Well I mean since we are going to practice it will be cool because we have to train like men" he said. I don't know what's worse the shirt or that he is so serious about it.

"Please tell me you are not going to wear it and embarrass yourself" I said

"I had to kick a soccer mom to get this, I'm serious about this shit" he said. And I bursted out laughing.

"Oh and by the way I went to get us bagels but they ran out so I got to an English muffin" he said and I just nodded.

"But doesn't the place literally have the word bagels in the name?" I said and he just shrugged.

After we ate we went to catch an Uber and Henry got compliments for his shirt.

We finally arrived at the Honda Center and we where greeted by Henry Samueli, the owner of the Ducks ( I know he has the same name as Thrun so when I say Henry I'm referring to Thrun)

"Hello boys, how was the flight?" He asked.

"Good morning sir and it was good" I responded.

"Well boys the visitor locker room is opened for you guys and we put some gear in there so you guys can change. But before all of this I would like you to meat the team" he said

"Yes sir" Henry said

"Nice shirt kid" Samueli said while laughing and shaking his head.

"Is everyone decent? " Samueli asked

And a bunch of "yes sir " were heard.

We entered and we saw the whole team.

Ryan Getzlaf was the first one to speak up and Henry and I looked like deer in the headlights.

After we introduced ourselves Adam Henrique complimented Henry's shirt.

After the brief moment in the locker room Henry and I went into the visiting locker room and there was some gear and there where some Ducks jerseys and training clothes.

I laced up my skates and I went into the ice where Coach Eakins was.

We started some drills and I really hit it off with Getzlaf, Henrique and Gibson.

After practice Coach called Henry and I over.

"Boys, I think we haven't properly introduced ourselves I'm Coach Dallas Eakins, This is my first season here with the Ducks so it's a new environment, yesterday the other kids selected by the ducks came here. You guys played really well. Zegras your passes are great and Thrun you are fast on the ice. I'm looking forward for next season with you guys and I bet this year will be great in college. The reason why I'm saying this is we would like to invite you guys and the other kids we selected in the draft to come in December for some training and just seeing where all of this goes. Tomorrow at the game you will get to know each other  in the box" he said

"Yes sir" Henry and I both said.

"See you guys tomorrow" he said with one last nod and excused himself.

We went into the locker room and we said goodbye to the guys. We got an Uber and we went to the hotel.

When we got to the hotel there where some guys around our age, they approached us and invited us to their bonfire they are making in a near park. They said there was gonna be a keg and "hot girls" Henry immediately agreed but I just said I was tired and went to the room, knowing Henry will most likely come home drunk I bought some Advil in the little store in the hotel.

Partying really wasn't my thing. A lot of my teammates like to party but I would rather focus on stuff I can eventually remember. But I'm also no saint.

After that I changed into some basketball shorts and took off my shirt and went to bed

A/N : sorry for the long chapter, next chapter will be in Callie's POV!!! 😱👏🏻👏🏻🥳 this chapter was more of a filler for what will happen next chapter!!!