Four

"What would you choose if you have another chance?"

//4//

♥~❀❀ ~❁❀❀❁~ ❀❀~♥

Violet Pov

What I desire the most in my childhood was to grow up and became an adult. I wanted to become a mature woman just like my mother. Back then, whenever I met some new kids my mother's friends brought to my house in the afternoons, what we always do to start the conversation is 'how old are you?' 'i'm six' 'i'm six and a half.' When I knew I'm older than him or her, I'd smile triumphantly. Now that I think of it, I cannot relate why.

Was it around 16 or 17...? I didn't want to grow up, I don't want to take responsibilities. Being an adult is tiring, how much I wish I can never grow up, I can't.

I wrapped myself in my leather jacket as I walked out in the cold breeze after buying a cup of hot milk tea from the coffee shop. Is this what being a working adult feels like?

The warm air filled my lungs as I stepped into the office, my red nose unfroze on the spot.

"Violet! Can you please replace LeShawna for the interview in an hour because she called in sick." Our department head, Mrs.Suen said. "Yes, Mrs," I said and took the file she handed over to me, I flipped it open and started studying for the interview. Seven young men's faces met my eyes, I gasped realizing who I was appointed to interview.

"You better not mess up this interview we arranged for months. Recite all their names and don't make a mistake. Arrive at Broadcasting room number 3 before 10:30 am." I bowed as Mrs. Suen left after ordering.

Oh my god oh my god. I was screaming internally. I was not expecting this to be my work, I am not prepared to see him again after the embarrassing event days ago...

Trying not to get fired, I memorized the questions and the interview content seriously. I am even more nervous than the first-ever interview I had when I just started this career.

I sat on my stool chair which faced seven corresponding chairs. My fingernails dug into my note card as I continued doing preparations while waiting for the superstars to arrive. Not long after I sat down, I heard people greeting each other, I looked up to find the seven of them walking in the broadcasting room.

RM, the leader came to me and shook my hand. I believe I recognized all of them, my hard work won't be wasted. My eyes landed on each of them taking turns to shake my hand until it was his turn. Taehyung's intimidating gaze met mine, I gulped and took his hand in mine. His face was a little unreadable, he looked like he was surprised to see me here but acting like he wasn't.

They proceeded to their seats as I started the interview as I usually would do to host one.

"Would you please introduce yourselves to the audience?" I asked politely. RM smiled, showing off his cute dimples started, he greeted enthusiastically to the camera.

I took the time when they did self-introduction to study their attire today. They wore formal and decent suits, each member has some different minor details on their clothes. Taehyung was wearing a grey suit with some diamonds engraved on the collar, his black hair styled to the right place above his eyebrows, he looked like a prince. I swallowed thickly when I realized he was staring at me. I turned away uncomfortably and continued to act normal in front of the camera.

"Nice to meet you all, I believe all the viewers are very excited about this interview. Thank you very much for coming when you guys should be especially busy as you just dropped a new album." They smiled and bowed a little, then I added, "Congratulations on again sweeping all the music charts around the world!" They thanked humbly and of course not forgetting to thank their fans.

"Would you please share your new album, map of the soul: persona with us?"

They handed the microphone to Taehyung, I assume they expected him to answer this question. Taehyung held the microphone right under his chin, his gaze moved between the camera and me, "This album is brighter compare to the themes we have tried last year. The album described the feelings of a boy in love. The title song, Boy with Luv, shown how a boy with Luv would be like." Taehyung explained.

I nodded as their eyes were all on me anticipating the next question. I instantly snapped back to reality from Taehyung's charm. "Um, what do you think the differences between an ordinary boy and a boy with love are?" I asked with a half-hearted smile.

Taehyung raised the microphone again, thinking before answering. "A boy with love would be like living in neverland, living in delight as long as he is with her, but... he will also f-fear of l-losing her," Taehyung gulped, RM took the microphone from him.

"I guess what Taehyung meant was a boy with love can be a lot more powerful, he would be willing and more courageous to accept challenges because he knows she will be there rooting for him. At the same time, he would want to improve himself to be a better person for her and wouldn't want to disappoint her." RM smiled, squeezing his dimples out.

I nodded and shifted in my seat uncomfortably. "but... he will also f-fear of l-losing her."

I couldn't help but check up on Taehyung who was looking down after answering the previous question. I resumed the interview and finished it by asking a few more questions.

I fixed the notes and placed them in my purse before returning back to the office. f-fear of l-losing her. Taehyung's words were swimming in my mind, I was clouded. Why was his speech affecting me so much?

I walked towards the exit with my mind still occupied by him when I suddenly felt someone yanked me into the storage room.

The lights were fluttered on, I squinted my eyes to adjust to the sharp light. I found myself being pinned on the wall with Taehyung in front of me.

"Missed me, sweetheart?"

Things are just getting started🤭

Apparently, my sister has been obsessed with a cartoon called Total Drama. There's a character called LeShawna in the cartoon, I found the name cool, so I used it here for one of the characters!

Thank you for reading💜
Vote please💜