Twenty-six

"All I really care is you wake up in my armsOne last timeI need to be the one who takes you home"

One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home"

//26//

~❀❀ ~❁❀❀❁~ ❀❀~

Taehyung Pov

Only if life could be a little less cruel.

Naively, I begged God to give me another chance to rewrite the faults in our stars. Maybe... I'm regretting right now.

I can't do it.

If I died back then, we'll be living harmoniously in our next lives. We'll never know each other, we will never meet. I'm the person who brought her pain.

What do I do now?

I can't.

I can't lose her.

I want to kiss her like there's no tomorrow and tell her everything will be alright.

Yet, I clearly know everything is not fine.

A knock on my door snapped me out of my thoughts, I heaved a loud sigh before getting up from my bed. Jimin stood in front of my door, slightly surprised to see my dishevelled state. "What do you need?" I rasped, sounding mean but I didn't even know.

"Violet is here for you. She's in the living room, fix yourself a bit and go." Jimin notified me, showing me a petty smile and pushed me into the bathroom. I froze for a few good seconds until I came back to my sense.

She came?

I looked at myself in the mirror and used some tap water to fix my birdnest-like hair. You'll be okay. I told myself before heading to the living room.

She was wearing a black medium length dress, sitting on the couch with the velvet cushion covering her thighs. The scene reminded me of the day she came to tell me she wanted to know more about Valeria.

"Hi." Violet greeted as she noticed my presence. I offered a weak smile before talking. "Do you want to get out of here?"

"I'm sorry, for being a jerk that day. I should be more considerate... I'm just- sorry." I started talking whilst Violet brushed away the dirt on the ground before sitting on it. She didn't respond and only glued her eyes to the fabulous city, Seoul under our feet.

"Did I tell you how much I love this place? Especially this rooftop." Violet queried, flashing a reassuring smile.

"You did," I answered, moving a few inches closer to her.

Violet tugged her arm under mine, putting her head on my shoulder. "You know, I was being inconsiderate that day too. I should have put myself in your shoes. You waited for so long, but I'm hurting you."

I observed her face, her eyes closed, her smooth brunette hair flying in the air along with the cold breeze.

"Guess we are even then." I chuckled softly and patted her hand in mine.

Violet sat straight, our eyes locked together while she cleared her throat and spoke, "I realized that I should hear from your perspective before I make a decision."

"What do you want to know?" I questioned in a patient manner.

"What do you expect from us?"

"I don't expect much, I only think we deserve a happy ending. It's not too much to ask, right?" I laughed in sarcasm, it's too much to ask.

"It's not. There's nothing wrong about wanting happiness, everyone wants their own happiness." Violet remarked, averting her gaze to the night sky hanging above us.

"Taehyung?" She called softly.

"Hm?"

"I'm scared, that we won't be able to make it." Violet shivered, her lips trembled. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and gently soothed her by caressing her arms.

"What if we can?" Violet's head shot up to meet my eyes.

"What if we can?" I repeated my question and watched her fell into a deep hole full of complicated thoughts.

"Tae- trust me, I really want us to work too, but I'm just scared. Very scared. I don't want another sad ending to add into our story, again." Violet bit her inner cheek and removed my hand from hers.

"I understand. I know it's hard for you, it's hard for me too, so I'll respect whatever decision you make." I gulped nervously, I know I have to accept the reality. I will be forever immortal if I cannot fix us.

"Tae, close your eyes." Violet's quiet whispers echoed in my ears. I closed my eyes, did not know what to expect.

It felt like an eternity when she pressed her lips on mine, I responded to the kiss almost immediately, treasuring it like it's our last.

I sensed tears escaping my closed eyelids, her tears fell from her eyes, mixing with mine.

"Give me one week, next Sunday, at the flower shop by sunset. If I showed up, I will give us a try. If I didn't, it marks the end of us."

Two chapters left! New book <<Cheaters>> first chapter coming today!

Two chapters left!
New book <<Cheaters>> first chapter coming today!

💜