Eight

"So bright, the flames burned in our hearts that we found each other in the dark

"So bright, the flames burned in our hearts that we found each other in the dark." -Dallas Green

//8//

~❀❀ ~❁❀❀❁~ ❀❀~

Violet Pov

A month, that's exactly how long I've been avoiding him since that kiss.

The feeling of his lips on mine still lingered whenever I touch my lips with my fingers. The way the spark between us was visible when we melted into that kiss. The way our heart blossomed when we moved our lips in sync. I couldn't forget it. My heart pounds fast even when I think of it. I don't know how to face him.

I roamed around my neighborhood with a cup of coffee in my hand keeping them warm. I was supposed to spend my afternoon with Jisoo but she had an urgent business trip that required her to attend. She apologized before leaving, it wasn't a big deal though.

"Violet." My name was read by the person I was afraid to meet, I never found my name so beautiful until he pronounced it. I was certain that audio will be engraved in my heart permanently.

I was about to sneak away but he held my wrist. How the hell can Kim Taehyung always appear out of nowhere?

"Violet, you cannot hide from me forever. We have to talk, please." His eyes reflected sincerity and I can only sigh.

"Why is this restaurant so quiet?" We sat in a VIP area but I can't even hear a sound from outside. Is the soundproof system this good?

"I occupied the whole restaurant so it's closed. Only we are here at the moment." Taehyung replied.

My lips formed an 'oh' but it was inaudible. "How can you always find me? Do you have superpowers or something?" I asked randomly.

Taehyung chuckled in amusement, "I have my ways, sweetheart."

My body went tense when he started to bring up that incident, "I'm sorry about kissing you that night, I-i shouldn't have done it. I remembered everything the next morning, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Taehyung conveyed his regrets, somehow, I felt bitter when he said he regretted that kiss.

"It's o-okay. It's not completely your fault. I responded to the kiss too..." my voice went down as I finished the sentence in embarrassment, did I just said what should be sewed in my heart? Taehyung smirked playfully, "Oh, so you enjoyed the kiss?"

"I-i..." my hand fidgeted with the another, oh gosh I want to escape from his gaze.

"I'm just playing around." Taehyung chuckled. I exhaled, attempting to relax. I have too many things in my mind, my curious self won't leave it.

"Taehyung... can I ask you something?" Taehyung looked up from his plate of food, putting down the cutlery in his hand although he was about to consume his meal. He gave me a firm nod and I blurted out all the questions in one breath.

"W-Who is Valeria? Why do you call me Valeria? Why are you so interested in me? Do I look like the person you are looking for? What else are you hiding from me?"

Taehyung froze, clearing his throat before talking. "Uh... Violet... I don't think..."

"Just-t... stop making up excuses, please. I'm not stupid, there are so many unanswered questions in my mind and it has been bothering me. I know there's no way a celebrity would be interested in being friends with a nothing-special girl like me. So please answer them and don't treat me like an idiot, Taehyung."

Taehyung gulped, nerves were creeping inside him. He didn't realize you were having so many thoughts in your pretty little head. He felt sorry for confusing you but he wasn't sure if it was time to reveal the secret he was trying to bury deep down.

"Of course you are not nothing special and a random person in my heart, Violet. You have no idea how much you mean to me, please don't see yourself like that." Taehyung reassured, but it won't stop me from being suspicious.

"You still haven't answer any of the questions," I asked. I waited and waited, however, Taehyung parted his lips to say something and closed them again.

Please, say something Taehyung.

That's something wrong and it's waving in front of my eyes. In order to continue our friendship, it has to be fixed. Hiding everything is not a way to solve an issue, it will only grow bigger and bigger in your heart until one day, it bursts. By now, the seams are being torn apart, so here I am, seeking for answers. Yet, the man sitting across me remained silent, what's so difficult about it?

To consider if you should trust someone, they have to be at least honest with us. Lies will only lead to betrayal and heartbreaks. I don't want to see us broken one day.

"Please don't assume anything, i-i will tell you one day. I promise." Taehyung said apologetically.

I scoffed offensively, "Why is it so hard to say that secret? What's the big deal? Are you going to leave me empty again after today?"

"Will you be able to take the consequences after knowing it? Are you sure of it? Violet, I'm only hiding it for you, I think from your perspective, I don't want you to receive the information forcefully when you are not even ready!" Taehyung raised his voice but immediately regret after seeing my hurt expression.

"Violet..."

"No, it's okay. So I'm the selfish person here. Sorry for bothering you. I really don't know what's that big deal behind everything, but I'm done with this." I stood up from my chair fiercely. Taehyung didn't bother to chase me after I left.

We both needed time and space to cool down.

I can't stop staring at this picture.

I had an impulse to upload all the remaining chapters in one go🤭