Twenty-one

"Promises are made to be broken

"Promises are made to be broken."

//21//

~❀❀ ~❁❀❀❁~ ❀❀~

Taehyung Pov

I clumped into her apartment, my shaky hand covered with blood reached for the doorknob of her room. I paused for a moment when I heard her sobs. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath before turning it.

Her head shot up to mine, more tears rushed out of her gorgeous eyes. She then lowered her head, peering at the floor.

I sat down next to her on the bed, she saw my bloody knuckles, an audible gasp escaped her mouth. She stood on her feet to take the first-aid box but I pulled her by her wrist.

She fell on my chest as I lay on her bed. I embraced her and she obediently stayed still.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I queried.

"I didn't want you to worry." She sniffled, "I'm sorry, for b-breaking our promise."

"It's okay," I sighed and pecked her forehead.

"I should have been clear with you from the start. This is part of my fault." I nibbled on my lower lip before adding, "red, our threat. Our fate, a challenge that may rip us apart."

"What did she do before?" Violet questioned.

"Long story."

"Your majesty, Jeah has escaped from the jail. I've already sent the troops the find her but seems like she's heading to Baekje..." Namjoon informed.

I clenched my hand, the white knuckles emerging. Valeria went back to Baekje this morning to visit her father.

"Get my horse, we're going to Baekje. Now!" I rasped.

I whipped my horse with the crop, going as fast as I can as we set off to Baekje.

The clouds turned visibly grey in the dark sky. The rain started to pour drops after drops, it spilled heavily but nothing can stop me from going to her.