Twenty-seven

"You make me feel like a firefly, trapped in bell jar, starved for love

"You make me feel like a firefly, trapped in bell jar, starved for love."

//27//

~❀❀ ~❁❀❀❁~ ❀❀~

I wanted to get rid of this nerve-wracking feeling. I looked into the full-length mirror, debating to wear the most decent suit I have or just the casual clothes I usually dress in.

Sunday's here. Not going to lie, the past week was awful. I was an ant on a hot pot, dying to know, afraid to find out.

I came up with my comfortable but not too casual clothing. Off we go.

I gripped on the steering wheel like my life depends on it, yes, my life does depend on it.

Only one more turn, I'll make it to the flower shop.

The sun was setting, colouring the entire sky a shaded of orange and pink. I drove to the traffic light, stepping on the brake as I anticipated for it to turn green, instructing me to go.

I anxiously peeked through the window, just to see if she's there at the end of the street.

Unexpectedly, gloomy clouds took over the sky. Everyone runs into the nearest indoor space. I spotted her, in front of the flower shop.

The rain started to pour, following a bolt of lightning strikes the tall tree right in front of me.

My pupils trembled, I swear.

No, no, no.

I abandoned my car as I ran down the street. The rain quickly drained my brown blouse, I slipped on the watery floor but I stood up again and ran. The only thing I could see in my eyes was her.

She held her hand above her forehead, rushing to the little roof that extended above the door of the flower shop. Her puzzled big round eyes searched for me in the mess caused by the rain. Just a little more.

I stumbled my way to her but my eyes widened when I saw a woman in red appeared behind her.

No, no, no.

I swung my arms as I ran at full speed. Red pointed something shiny at Violet, a pistol.

No.

Violet's eyes lit up as she found me, waving her hands in delight. Her beautiful smile stretched across her face, I hate myself for not being able to reply a smile, telling her we'll be fine.

My horrified face caused her smile to fade.

The sound of thunder was heard.

Red fired at Violet. Blood started to infiltrate her white shirt, she fell to the damp ground, her head hit the floor but the sound of it was covered by the pouring rain.

My heart broke.

It shrunk like blood was drained out of my body, not leaving a drip.

No.

The time between a lightning and a rumble of thunder was very limited. When the thunder was heard, I failed my task.

Securing her in my arms, I helplessly yelled for help but there was no one in the street. Everyone was busy drying themselves indoors whilst I was here embracing the love of my existence under the heavy downpour.

"Please stay with me- please-" I caressed her face, she smiled weakly, her petite form clutching to my body. "Taehyung, I— l—love you."

"I love you too, I love you, so much, sweetheart." I blurted out, her fragile body weakening in my arms.

So cruel.

So unfair.

She gave us a chance, and you didn't even let us try. You were just toying with us, by a snap of your fingers, we can disappear into the thin air.

I thought people say we already win when we decide to try. Guess it's innocent for me to believe that.

"It's okay. Falling-Falling for you again is e-enough, I- I don't regret any of it." Violet gasped in pain but still remained a smile. "Remember- remember my smile till we meet again."

I nodded, sobbing like I couldn't breathe. I was not breathing. I kissed her, wanting this moment to last forever. I refused to pull away, I know, she was not responding to the kiss anymore.

Eventually, I pulled away after a while in defeat, seeing her blood mixing with the pool of rain on the floor, I laughed, then I cried. Her white sweatshirt is now red.

My world fell apart again.

Last but no least, the epilogue is coming later today

🖤🖤🖤