Twenty-five

"Sadly, it's too late when we realize

"Sadly, it's too late when we realize."

//25//

~❀❀ ~❁❀❀❁~ ❀❀~

Taehyung Pov

"Tae, I'll have a walk in the market for a little while, I'll be back," Valeria announced before she reached for the door of our quarter.

"Wait, come here baby." I rasped, she looked back before slowly nodding and made her tiny steps to me.

She took the seat in front of me and I frowned, "no, come here." I patted my lap. She stood up before getting closer and sat down compliantly.

"Is something the matter?" She asked, her voice tender and angelic.

I sighed heavily, feeling cruel to notice her the bad news I just received from Namjoon. My heart may break just by imagining how she would react.

"Valeria... your stepmother she...she murdered Jisoo." Almost immediately, a glossy film of water layered on her eyes as she covered her mouth flabbergasted. "No. Please- tell me you're kidding." She muffled her cries, attempted to get up but I stopped her.

"I'm sorry, baby. We could've protected her." I pulled her into my arms, my heart shrinking hearing her painful cries.

Jeah was always a dangerous threat. We knew she was looking for Valeria, we should have realized that she would look for clues via Jisoo. We should have sent some guards to protect Jisoo or at least make sure she was safe.

Why didn't I realize this earlier?

If I did, her tears for losing her best friend won't ever exist.

"Don't worry baby. We will imprison Jeah and execute her. I promise."

Valeria didn't leave her room nor talked to me for three days. After that, she began to walk out of her room and eat again, I thought things were going to be okay again, but all I heard from her for a whole month was "Yes." Thank you." and "I'm fine."

It was traumatic for her to lose someone that occupied such a huge part of her heart. There was nothing I want more than making her smile again.