Chapter One

Kai's POV

"No, I don't think I will."

"Kai I'm not asking, I want you in my office by tomorrow, do not test my patience."

"I'm in Vegas dear father."

"I don't care get on a jet and come back to Los Angeles right now." With that he hung up.

What can be so important that he wants me home, my father usually wants me as far from it as possible so if hes telling me to come back its because he needs something from me, which I'll probably won't like knowing me. Henrik Raymond is not a man that has my best interest in mind or anyone else's besides his, my father is a rather cold, hard headed and some people even say evil man. I wouldn't exactly disagree with them in that last one but I do have to admit that he could be way harsher with me than he already is, at least he gives me enough freedom to do as I please as long as it doesn't taints his reputation of course.

"John tell Warren to prepare the jet, my father wants me home by tomorrow so I need to go today." I told one of my bodyguards and he went to do as said.

I grabbed my things and started to leave the hotel room.

"Miss what do we tell the ladies in the other room?" A maid asked.

I shrugged.

"Tell them I left the state," I responded and exited the room.

I walked to the room in front of mine and started to harshly pound on the door, waiting for someone to open it but after minutes passed by and I got no answer I decided to try again.

"Alex you lazy bitch open the door!" I kicked on the door.

The door finally bursted open.

"What the hell Kai?" A sleepy Alex stood in front of me in just her underwear, her neck and chest covered in hickeys. Her dark brown hair was messy and her grey eyes where slightly red probably caused by the lack of sleep from partying till late last night like me.

"We are going now."

"Shit, let me put something on at least."

"Whatever we're leaving in five, I'll be waiting for you in the car," I said and she slammed the door on my face. "Five minutes or I leave!" I heard her telling me to fuck off, now that I'm done with that I headed down to the car.

I couldn't help but think again what could be so important that my father refused to tell me over the phone. I just have a bad feeling about this, but again I never have a good feeling about anything with relation of my dickhead of a father.

After the five minutes blew pass I told the driver to leave. As the car was starting to pull out from the hotel's driveway the door was abruptly opened as Alex managed to get in before we left. "You fucking asshole, you were going to leave me, again," my best friend complained.

Alex has a tendency of being late to everything its incredible really, the girl can't be on time for anything. Once we were invited to my cousin's wedding and I told her to come with me so she could arrive on time knowing her, but no, she insisted that she will arrive on her own and on time. A load of crap. By the time she arrived to the wedding the wedded couple was already on the car leaving the church. She was one of the bridesmaid. My cousin didn't let her in to the reception party as pay back. So when we have to leave some place like this morning and she takes too long I just simply leave her to find her own way back, she always does anyway so I don't worry about it.

"I told you five minutes Alex, you took like ten."

"Whatever," she dismissed me with her hand, she got out her phone and started to take selfies. "Fuck I'm so hot," Alex has got to be the most narcissistic person I know, not even I am like that.

"You smell like drugs and bad decisions bitch."

"Jealousy doesn't suits you Malakai." She said as she now checked out her make up with her phone's camera.

"And that make up doesn't suit you," I retorted.

Alex flipped me off as she was now checking herself out on the camera. I'm best friends with an air head. But its my air head.

"Why does your daddy wants you at home?"

My face turned into one of disgust at her choice of words, "Don't call him that you dirty bitch."

"Why? I wouldn't mind him to be my daddy, sugar daddy." She wiggled her brows suggestively, the thought disgusted me to no end. Alex bursted out laughing when she saw my expression, "You should see your face oh my god. Don't worry Kai I won't be your step-mom or anything, you know men are not my cup of tea. But I do admit your dad is fine for his age." I glared at her which make her burst out laughing again.

"Are you done?" I crossed my arms waiting for her to stop.

"Yeah yeah, seriously now, why does he want you back there?"

"I don't know, his mind works in mysterious ways that even I can't figure out." I laid my head against the car window, the lack of sleep catching up to me but I can't fall asleep knowing we will arrive in no time to the airport.

No more than ten minutes later the chauffeur let us know that we arrived and got out to take our things to the plane.

"Good evening Ms. Raymond, Ms. Dean."

"Save the formalities and go pilot this thing Warren." I told the captain, he laughed at my bluntness and went to do as told.

"You're always such a sweetheart Kai," Alex said, she was at the jet's bar preparing herself a drink with every alcohol that she could find there.

I gave her a look of disgust, "Alex is eleven in the morning," I saw as she mixed vodka with what I think was gin.

She tasted it and when she was contented with it she came to sit besides me with the disgusting drink at hand.

"It's never too early to drink," she gulped half the thing.

"You're going to die of alcohol poisoning with that shit," I pointed to her glass.

"Dramatic much."

I rolled my eyes at her and just let her enjoy her invention. We were instructed to adjust our seatbelts since the plane was going to take out. The flight was tedious and it seemed never ending, I could not find any sleep despite being tired, unlike Alex who after being repeatedly rejected by one of the flight attendants decided to just take a nap. I wish I had her ability to fall asleep anywhere at anytime it would come in handy for times like this but my mind seemed to be full of thoughts at the moment to be able to catch any rest.

I still fell uneasy about whatever it is my father has to tell me.

It can't possibly be too bad.

-