Chapter Thirty One

Kai's POV

"Wait, so you're telling me you guys haven't had sex yet?" Alex said in disbelief.

"You make it sound like it's such a big deal."

"It is a big deal, have you ever met yourself? Also you both are married and been together-together for a while now."

It has been a month and some days since that night at the beach and despite the two of us being honest about our feelings for each other we are yet to have sex. Something that would usually bother me but it doesn't with Iliana.

"Yeah but, I don't know it's different with Iliana. I want to take things at a moderate pace - I don't want to rush her into anything she might not be comfortable with. Especially not after everything she went through."

"Sounds to me like you're scared."

"I'm not."

"Sure you're not. Pussy."

"Fuck off."

Okay yes, I'm kind of scared of doing it with Iliana, but only because I don't want to fuck it up. I don't know if that makes sense. Yes, I know I practically fingered her in the bathroom that day but this is different.

Anyway, Iliana went back to work last week so I'm out with Alex having lunch at this cool 60s styled diner.

"Anyway, are you guys still living at the beach house?" Alex asked and took a sip of her milkshake.

I took one of my fries and ate it, "Yep, I'm thinking about buying the place and move out the penthouse - since Iliana loves it there."

"I thought you loved the penthouse?"

"I do, but it has so many unpleasant memories that I don't think even a remodelation can wash away."

Alex nodded in understanding, "That sucks, I loved the penthouse."

"Buy it then."

"No way I like my house better," she chuckled.

"How are things going with April?"

Alex pursed her lips. "It's going better I think. I asked her out yesterday and she said yes - so I guess that's a good sign."

"Sounds like it - you better not fuck it up dude. I doubt you'll get another chance if you do." I grabbed my last fry and with a heavy heart ate it. They were way too good.

"I know."

I checked the time and saw that I'm running late I stood up and put some twenties on the table to pay or food. "I have to go, talk later?"

"Why the hurry?"

"I'm taking lunch to Iliana while she's at work. See ya."

"Whipped bitch." Alex laughed as I walked away so I flipped her off without turning around.

I picked up the food I had ordered for Iliana from the cashier and exited the restaurant - making my way to Iliana's job. I thought bringing her lunch would be a nice thing to do since I know she skips it sometimes because she gets too emerged in her work.

There wasn't much traffic so it didn't take me long before I arrived at her work. I had to ask at the reception what was her floor number because I had no idea which it was.

The floor was full of cubicles and offices but it wasn't the lifeless kind of work place - it was very modern and youngish kind of place. There were even some puffs and a plasma in a room that was separated by a glass door, it looked like a lounge area or something like that. Maybe this place's vibes is one of the reasons Iliana missed it and loves her job so much - but again this company was also owned by her mother.