Chapter Eighteen

Iliana's POV

Kai did as promised and for the past months helped me relieve some of my burdens - which I appreciate a lot because now I don't feel as suffocated as I did. She now goes to all of the meetings our parents ask us to attend and when I'm not too busy with my own work I go with her.

We started this whole marriage off in a rough position with both of us hating each others guts, but now even though we still bicker over something at least twice a day and Kai annoys me most of the time - we are getting along as good as we possibly could.

Now I'm finishing getting ready for work. Thank God is friday because I'm exhausted from this week already. I need some me time and to see my boyfriend. I grabbed my purse and once ready I headed downstairs.

"Morning blondie," I heard Kai say from the barstool.

"Morning."

"Hey wait, I bought breakfast." Kai said making me stop on my tracks. I turned around and saw she had a paper bag on one hand and a coffee on the other. "I thought you might want to eat something, so I got up early and bought this at Starbucks."

I glanced at the bag and coffee and then back at the green eyed brunette. "Thanks Kai, I really appreciate it," I grabbed the things. I felt like saying thanks was not nice enough, so I did something I never thought I would do willingly. I leaned in and pecked her cheek lightly.

When I pulled back Kai's eyes were widen and seemed frozen for a moment, but then shook her head and smiled. "Uh no problem, its nothing really," she shrugged.

"I gotta get going now, thanks again," I said and walked to the elevator.

"Iliana wait," Kai called out to me following behind and making me stop right before entering it.

I turned to her and gave her a question look, "Whats wrong?"

She was fiddling with her hands. "I was wondering if you... if you wanted to have dinner today with me?" She scratched her eyebrow. I've noticed thats something she does when she's nervous or doesn't know what to say.

My face turned into one of surprised, I absolutely didn't expect that. "Sure... where to?"

Kai has been really nice lately as I mentioned, so I saw no reason not to accept.

"I was thinking here at the penthouse, if thats fine with you."

I smiled and nodded, "That's more than fine. Tonight?"

"Tonight." She confirmed.

"Okay then. I'll see you tonight when I get home." I entered the elevator.

Kai nodded eagerly, "Yes, of course. Have a nice day at work!" She said as the elevator's door closed and I waved bye at her as a response.

That was odd.

-

It's been a slow day at the office luckily. I'd just been doing some old work and basically lazing out on my desk.

"What's up Mrs. Raymond!"

I took a deep breath and turned on my chair, "Hey Ellie." I greeted my very annoying coworker.

"Slow day isn't it?"

"Yeah," I replied shortly in hopes she would get the hint and leave. She grabbed a chair and sat next to me. I guess she didn't get the hint. For god's sakes.

Ellie is a new hire, she's only twenty and in reality just got hired because shes the granddaughter of the the owner. She's still on college. She also tends to be way too cheery and talkative for my liking.