Chapter Nineteen

Iliana's POV

"Morning," I heard Josh mumbled from besides me.

"Morning," I replied back quietly.

We don't speak more as he stands up from the bed and goes into the bathroom. I sigh and stand up, I started picking up my clothes that were scattered on the floor and then put them on.

Yesterday Josh called me asking me to come over to his place. He had a bad day at work and was feeling down, so I had to come over and be with him. In the process failing to meet for dinner with Kai last night. I got... busy with Josh and I forgot to text her.

God I feel bad.

When I finished putting my clothes on I went to the bathroom, "Babe I'm leaving." I told Josh who was showering.

"Bye," he responded.

Sweet as always, I thought sarcastically.

The drive home was tedious, my mood was not at its best, I was not angry just tired not physically but mentally. We woke up late real late its past midday. I hate waking up so late, it gives me a headache and an ache on my body.

When I got to the penthouse everything seemed oddly quiet. I wonder if Kai is home.

My question was answered when I saw Kai coming down the stairs, she was dressed to go out. Where could she be going she told me she didn't have anything to do this weekend.

"Hey," I said softly as she came closer to leave, "Where are you going?"

She looked at me with a plain face, that stopped me from being able to guess what she was thinking. "Out," she shortly replied.

Is she mad? I just missed dinner its not a big deal. Right?

"Where to?" I asked.

"With friends," she tried to walk pass me to the elevator but I didn't let her.

"Why are you acting like this? Look I'm really sorry for missing dinner last night, Josh needed me and I lost track of time and I forgot to text."

Kai scoffed, "Whatever Iliana," she tried to go but again I didn't let her.

"Why are you mad, it was just dinner it wasn't a big deal."

"Yeah you're right, it was just dinner, so get the fuck out of my way so I can go." She retorted.

I now scoffed, "Don't be fucking rude."

"The only one being a rude bitch here is you Iliana, so why don't you go back to suck your boyfriend's dick and stay out my business." Kai pointed me with her finger.

I've never seen her mad, ever since I'd known Kai she has not once raised her voice at me. Not once.

I moved out of her way, "He is more important to me than you so fuck you," I said finally and then stormed upstairs to my room bumping her shoulder on the process. She can do whatever the hell she wants I don't care anyway.

She's just so damn confusing. I missed on what? Ordering fast food and beers? Whats the big fucking deal, I was doing more important stuff and I apologized, its not my fault she doesn't want to take my apology.

I decided to take a shower to try and cool off. When I got out I checked my phone and then called April to check on her.

It ringed thrice before she finally picked up. "Hey bestie! What's up."

"Hey, nothing much." I responded and plopped down on my bed.

"Wow so much energy coming from you," April said sarcastically.

"I'm tired so."

She hummed, "How was dinner with your wifey last night? Did you like what she cooked?"

That caught my attention, "What? I sat on the bed.

April ignored me and kept talking, "You know, I was really suprised when Kai called me asking what was your favorite food. She didn't know you were vegan I thought she knew that already!"

"April slow down!" I said trying to make her stop and she did. "What are you talking about?"

She sighed, "The dinner Kai made you last night, you know."

"Yeah about that... I kind of bailed on her," I said trying not to cringe with my words.

"YOU WHAT?"

"Josh needed me!" I said and continued to explain everything that happened last night and then my fight with Kai when I got home.

"Iliana! Fucking hell obviously she's pissed you planted her for that idiot and then acted like bitch towards her." April paused, "Kai had been planning this for a few days, she said she wanted to make something nice for you."

I flinched at her words, I could feel the guilt starting to show up. Kai has been so good to me and she still felt like to do something nice for me when it should've been me doing it for her.

"Fuck I feel like a bitch."

"Well yeah you kind of were," April agreed.

"Thanks A," I said sarcastically.

"Your welcome! I have to go now but good luck."

"Yeah bye," I mumbled and hung up.

I laid back on my bed and put my hands on my face.

I'm such a bitch.

-

A/N - Short but is a filler for the next.