Chapter Three

Kai's POV

My freedom and privacy is something I treasure dearly and right now it feels like its getting stomped on by my father and his evil pair of blonde accomplices. When I got home yesterday there were a bunch of moving men on the lobby waiting for me to let them in the penthouse so they could drop her stuff in.

The blonde brat didn't come here yesterday, not that it bothers me or that I'll go snitch out on her to her mother or something, I just supposed that she was at her boyfriend's. Which was better for me because I was in no mood to deal with her again yesterday.

"Wait you're really getting married? You?" Alex asked and then laughed at my disgrace.

"I don't see how any of this is funny," I was still pissed at the news.

"Sorry, its just I can't see you in an actual relationship less of all married."

"Me neither but I can't do shit about it."

Marriage was never a thing that crossed my mind, I'm not one to do relationships and less of all marriage. After seeing how my parent's failed miserably I just thought it maybe wasn't such a great thing if you can be so unhappy while in it. I think also my mother marrying four more times after divorcing my dad just made the act lose much significance to me. It showed me that at the end of the day it's just a paper with both of the names of the couple legally binding them that can be undone once one of the two or the two get tired.

Of course that I acknowledge that not everyone its like that and there's people who do marry out of pure love. It just doesn't change my view in it, love is not something I'm familiar with, and the fact that I'm being forced into marrying just helps my case.

"So she didn't come back here like she was supposed to?" Alex asked as she went to my fridge and grabbed a beer.

"No, I just supposed that she's with that boyfriend of hers or whatever," I shrugged.

"She has a boyfriend!?"

"Yeah."

"And you're fine with it?"

"I don't care about what she does, I don't even know the girl."

Alex hummed and took a sip of her beer.

Speaking of humming I never found out the name of the song. I forgot the lyrics after I left the office yesterday which contributed to my bad humor.

"Is she hot at least?" She asked as we settled on the livingroom couch.

"She's a brat. But a really hot one," I responded.

"Nice."

Before we could say anything else the penthouse's elevator opened and in walked the blonde we were talking about, sporting the same scowl as the previous day.

"Well hello there cutie," Alex said.

Iliana stopped and looked her up and down in distaste.

"Who the fuck are you?"

Rude much.

"You were right Kai, she's a hot brat," Alex grinned making my eyes widened at her comment.

Iliana turned to me with a glare, "You're a pig. Where's my room?" She demanded.

"Upstairs, at the end of the hallway on the right." I made sure to give her the room farthest to mine.

Once she got the information she needed she walked off to her room.

I turned back to Alex who still had a grin on her face.

"Dude she's already a lot to handle and hates me, I don't need you making it worse," I complained.

"Sucks for you, anyway I have to go so I'll see you later KaiKai," she walked pass me and into the elevator, with one last wave she left.

Asshole.

I looked at the small package with the rings in it that my father sent. I grabbed the package and went upstairs to the demon's room.

When I got there the door was closed, I didn't bother to knock and just entered the room.

"Excuse me don't you know how to knock?" Iliana complained as she arranged some of her clothes in the closet.

"This is my house I can enter if I want to," I responded.

"Wrong, I live here now too so you knock before you enter," she said with an attitude.

Is this woman always mad?

Does she even know what smiling and not being a bitch is?

I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want here?" She stopped arranging her clothes to give me her attention accompanied by a scowl.

"Scowling so much can cause wrinkles you know?" I voiced my thoughts.

"Is that why you came here?"

I remembered the package with the rings in my hand.

"Oh right! This came in the mail this morning," I got the rings out and showed them to her. "I believe you know what we have to do," I said motioning to them with a nod.

"I don't want to wear that."

"Neither do I trust me, but we got no choice do we?" I said trying to reason with her, her scowl softened a little and she just gestured for me to give her the ring. "Iliana Barnes will you do me the dishonor to unfortunately be my wife." I said earning a roll of eyes from her.

"You're an idiot."

"I'll take that as a yes." I grabbed her hand and put the ring on her finger and then I put mine on as well.

"Now can you get out?" She asked me annoyed.

"I don't get why you hate me so much blondie, is not like I wanted any of this to happen. Hell you even knew before me, I was in Vegas living my best life before this nightmare."

"Because this stupid arrangement is ruining my life. You should've rejected your father when he told you about the engagement," she pointed at me.

"Me? Why didn't you reject your mother?" I pointed back.

"I had no choice!"

"And you think I did!?"

"You know what I'm done talking to you. Get out of my room!" She tried to push me out of the room but couldn't since I'm taller and stronger.

"Get out of my house!" I retorted.

She groaned and kept pushing

"Your boyfriend has to be either too brave or too dumb for dealing with that little attitude of yours blondie." I said matter of fact.

I think I pissed her off more but I couldn't care less.

"Don't talk about him. He's double the person you'll ever be," she looked me up and down.

"Is he successful and rich?"

"What does that have to do-"

"I'll take that as a no. So no, he is not better than me."

"You're a classist prick."

"Then don't compare him to me." I don't know the guy but I won't stay silent as she compares me to some guy she fucks.

"Out. Now."

"Whatever, I won't keep wasting my time with a brat like you," with that I left and she slammed the door behind.

She is impossible to talk to I don't know how am I supposed to survive this marriage without going insane and it just been one day.

I grabbed my keys and headed out of the penthouse, I couldn't stand being here anymore. I texted Alex telling her we were going out tonight.

I don't care if we are supposed to get married, that won't stop me from living my life as I had and fooling around. And not even my father can do anything about that.

Ironic how I was the one to get out of the house.

-