Chapter Nine

Iliana's POV

I hate Thursdays, is like the worst day of the week, is not the middle of the week or the beginning or the end, it's just there doing nothing, its like the filler chapter of the week.

Today I'm supposed to go dress hunting for the wedding with April, my mom and Kai's who came out of nowhere as soon as she heard about the wedding. That its in a month, that's way to quick for me since not more than two months ago we announced the engagement, but no, my mother and Kai's dad wants us married as soon as possible as they can't wait to merge their companies and they won't doing until we walk down the altar.

I love to be used as an exchange coin.

Anyway, today before going dress hunting I'm having lunch with Josh at our favorite restaurant.

I still feel terrible for what happened that night at the penthouse. He was mad at me for a whole week after that happened, he totally ignored me and I don't blame him, Kai literally beat him up with a bat - which she had no right to do, knowing her psycho ass she could have hurted him really bad if I didn't wake up on time.

I entered the restaurant and saw Josh already sat on a table alone while checking through his phone. I walked over to him, "Hi babe."

He raised his face from his phone and frowned when he saw me. "You're late."

"I know and I'm sorry, the traffic was awful." I sat across from him.

"You know I hate it when you're late," he grumbled.

"I know I'm sorry Joshy."

"Whatever, let's just order."

I grabbed the menu of the italian restaurant we were in and looked at the options, I'm starving so I decided on ordering a pasta carbonara. When the waitress came by to the table we gave her our orders and then left when she got them.

"You have any plans for today?" Josh asked.

I nodded, "I do actually, I'm supposed to go on dress hunting this afternoon."

He raised a brow, "For the wedding?"

"Yeah..."

I know this is still a sensitive topic for us. When I first told him about it he was furious, and I understood that - we've been dating for two years and for me to suddenly come up one day and tell him "sorry babe I'm getting married to someone else" was bound to not go well. It was hard but after many explanations and promises I finally got him to calm down and accept it. At first he wanted to break up but I just couldn't let him do that, I love him too much. So I told him I would find a way out of this eventually, and he trusted me and said that would stay by me no matter me getting married because he loves me.

Isn't he the sweetest?

I sometimes think I don't deserve him.

"Will she be there?" Josh asked referring to Kai.

"No, Kai said she doesn't care about any of that so it'll just be my mother, her's and April," I explained.

Before he could respond the waitress came back with our orders, after making sure we had everything we needed she left again. She's nice I'll make sure to tip her well.

"I can't believe your mother is making you marry that freak." He said before starting to eat.

I chose not to reply and started to eat as well. Josh seemed to be in a bad mood today, it's better not to get on his nerves.

After eating and chatting for a while longer we payed for the food and then I had to bid goodbye since I had to go meet the rest now. April was blowing up my phone with texts complaining about having to deal with my mom alone and why wasn't I there already. I feel for her right now honestly, my mother is the most annoying person I know - Kai comes second though.

I got into my car and texted April back that I was on my way. I locked my phone and stared at the picture of Josh and I that was my lockscreen for a moment. Then I put the phone away and finally started to make my way to the store where they were waiting for me.

Traffic wasn't as hectic right now as it was before I went to the restaurant which I was relieved of because I wanted to be over with this as soon as I could. Shopping with my mom is thousand times worse than being in the penthouse with Kai, at least there I could avoid her all I wanted.

When I parked in front of the shop I took a deep breath and got out of the car, the door of the store was strangely locked I couldn't see anyone through the glass door so I knocked until a lady came and opened the door. "Sorry miss we are having a private event."

What the hell?

"A private event?" I checked the name of the shop to see if it was the right one and it was. "Sorry but my mom and my friend told me this is where they are."

The lady looked like she realized something, "Please excuse me for a second." She said before going back inside.

Once she came back she opened the door to me fully. "Sorry about that Miss Barnes, it's just that Mrs. Barnes rented the store for the day."

I internally rolled my eyes at my mother's actions, always a show off.

"Don't worry, I understand that you were just doing and I know my mom can be a big fucking bitch."

The woman looked shocked by my choice of words but didn't comment on it probably internally agreeing with me.

"Dear finally!" My mom exclaimed once she saw me. "What took you so long?" She questioned as she greeted me by kissing both my cheeks.

"Just traffic, you know," I lied.

She hummed and dragged me towards the other woman in the room who I suppose is Kai's mom.

"Sweetie this is Kai's mother Juliet, Juliet this is my daughter Iliana."

"Pleasure to finally meet my future daughter-in-law." Juliet greeted me. I took notice of her appearance, she has dark brown eyes opposite to Kai's green emerald ones who she got from her father - but did share the same midnight black hair as her. She was pretty, you could see the resemblance between the two. Juliet looked to be in her 40s but not older than that, something about her reminds me of my mother and I don't think thats good.

"Me too Miss." I smiled politely.

I saw April by seat in the corner so I approached her to see how she was doing. "Hey."

She looked at me and gave me a pointed look, "You're lucky I love you because if not I would've left hours ago."

"Good thing you love me, now come a help me find a dress." I grab her hand and pull her on her feets.

"Sweetie where are you going?" My mother asked me, she has a glass of champagne on her hand now.

Where the hell did she get that?

"April is going to help me find a dress."

"Oh! Do you want our help?"

Absolutely fucking no.

"Don't worry Sarah we got this," April answered for me and pulled me away from their sight.

"Thanks."

"No problem, you have any dress in mind?" We went through some glass cases that have expensive dresses inside.

"Not really, anything pretty will do I just want to get this over with."

"Don't you have to choose Kai's dress as well?"

"I'll do that another day, today is my day." I looked at a dress that was quite pretty but didn't call my attention as much as the one I'll get should.

"Well if you want to get us out of here soon then you need to hurry up choosing, and remember it's your wedding so choose carefully." April walked ahead of me.

"Yeah one I don't want," I mumbled and followed after my best friend.

Lets just get this over with.

-