Chapter Thirteen

Iliana's POV

"France? We are in France?" I said as I looked out of the window of the plane to the big city below.

I have to admit I'm impressed how well Kai managed to keep it a secret in the airport until now.

"Yes. Do you like it? I know its very cliche, but I remembered you said you haven't really travelled so I thought what better place to be your first than Paris."

I couldn't believe it. She actually remembered our conversation and cared enough to make this. The small gesture made me feel a warm inside

Kai paused for a moment when she saw I wasn't saying anything. "You hate it," she face palmed herself, "I knew I should've picked Hawaii."

"Hey, no, Kai." I grabbed her hand and took it off her forehead. "I really appreciate the nice gesture, I've always wanted to visit Paris actually so thank you."

She smiled, "You like it- I mean... it's not a big deal but you know... your welcome." She played it off.

I gave her a "seriously" look but didn't comment.

The process of getting out of the airport was long and tiring but we did it and now we're on our way to the hotel. I really could use some days of sleep.

"How long till we get to the hotel?" I asked Kai.

"I don't know, I just chose the city I didn't plan the trip as a whole, let me ask the driver." She leaned over to the front seats. "Hey dude, how long till we get to the hotel?" The driver replied to her in french and Kai nodded at every word and then got back on her seat.

"What did he say?"

"I have no idea."

Now it was my turn to face palm myself.

"Don't worry blondie, just enjoy the ride I'm sure- oh look we are here!" She exclaimed once the car stopped.

We got out of the car and walked inside the big fancy hotel. The hotel reception was full of people who screamed expensive by their looks. Kai was the one to talk with the receptionist - meanwhile I walked around the lobby. I've always wanted to learn french, I tried once but it was too hard for me. Languages are just not my thing.

I felt someone tap my shoulder so I turned around and there was Kai dangling the key to our room in her hand. "I'm pretty tired - so how about we go to the room?"

"Yeah I am too lets go." We went to the elevator and I didn't know what button to push so I looked at Kai for an answer.

"The one below the last floor." I nodded and pushed it.

The elevator had some french music playing. I don't know what it says but is catchy.

Kai cleared her throat, "So... what do you think of the hotel so far?"

I'm not sure if this was her trying to make conversation to fill the silence or if she actually cared about what I thought. "It's really pretty... and fancy. Have you ever stayed here before?"

"No, I don't come to France often and the times I did come I stayed at a loft that Alex and I usually rent when we are in the city."

"Why didn't we stayed there then?"

"As I said I only got to choose the location, our parents did the rest," she explained.

It frustrates me to no end the power that those two hold over our lives as if we were kids. But right now is not the time to think about them. I won't let them ruin the trip as well. This is the one good thing in my life currently so I might as well enjoy it to the maximum while it last.

The elevator doors opened at our floor and we got out. "How long is this 'honeymoon' supposed to be?"

Kai shrugged as she looked at the doors numbers. "A week I think."

I chuckled, "You're going to show me Paris in a week."

We stood in front of the door of our suit - Kai turned to look at me. "I can show you Paris in much less than that blondie. I'm going to show you France in a week," she paused. "Or most of it at least."

"I'll hold you to that then," I gave her a challenging look.

"You bet," she replied and finally opened the door.

The suite was big, very big. It had big a wall of glass that gave you a beautiful sight of the city that you could see once you entered the suit, it also had a balcony connected to the room. To the other side was a big couch with a small table and a plasma in front on the wall. The suite was a mix between modern but old fashioned at the same time. It was pretty.

There was a double door that I could only guess it lead to the room. I opened it and walked in to find a problem.

Kai followed right behind me and stopped besides me, "Oh that's gonna be a problem." She voiced my thoughts.

The room only had a one bed instead of two individual ones. I could only think of insults towards my mom and Henrik. Fucking old hags.

I slowly turned to look at Kai who did the same and in a flash we both speeded towards the king sized bed. Kai reached it first but I grabbed her by the shirt, pulled her back and to the floor and then I climbed on the bed.

"That's cheating you bitch," she complained.

I shrugged, "The goal was the bed and I got it."

"It's not fucking fair!"

"Cry."

"Bitch," she retorted. "I'm sleeping in the bed."

"I'm not sharing it with you - so you can go sleep in the bathtub," I waved her off as I got comfortable and took off my shoes. Good thing I choose to dress comfortably with some joggers and a hoody. I then laid on the big fluffy bed.

God I need one of these in my room back at home.

"I'm not sleeping in the bathtub so move over, I'm fucking exhausted." She said and jumped on the bed.

Too tired to keep fighting with Kai I just closed my eyes. "Just keep your distance or I'll push you out of here."

"Whatever you say princess." I heard her mumbled as she moved around the bed.

I started to feel the jetlag and the lack of proper sleep and soon enough sleep took me over.

-

A/N - Sorry its short but its more of a filler chapter.