Chapter Twenty Seven

Kai's POV

I was awoken at the middle of the night by a clashing sound. I looked to the side of the bed and found it empty certain blonde was missing.

I quickly jumped from the bed and grabbed the bat that I hid under the bed. You never know when you could need it so it's better to have it at hand.

I rushed downstairs and to the kitchen where the sound came from. I came into the kitchen and found Iliana on the floor picking a broken plate. I put the bat on the floor and went to her.

"Fuck Iliana are you okay?" I squatted besides her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, it was an accident I, I-" she said with tears streaming down her face as she tried to pick up the piece.

"Hey it's okay." I said softly but she shook head furiously.

"I'm sorry. I'm so stupid, I- please don't hurt me bad please." Her voice broke at the last part and she started to breathe harder and faster.

Fuck I think she's having a panic attack. I don't know what to do.

Fuck what do I do!

Calm down Kai you need to stay calm so you can help her.

"Iliana baby, I need you to breathe," I said but she just kept shaking her head. I grabbed her hand and noticed she had cut her palm while grabbing the broken plate, no matter that I put her hand on my chest.

I have no idea if this will work but I need to try.

"Iliana match my breathing okay?" I inhaled and exhaled slowly and she started following, "In and out, that's it you're doing great."

We were on that for twenty minutes or something like that, I don't have my phone so I'm not sure. Until Iliana calmed down and then I helped her stand up from the floor.

"We need to clean your hand alright?" I told her pointing to the cut.

"I need to clean this," she said in a raspy voice and tried to go back to pick it up but I stopped her.

"It's fine leave it, I'll pick it up in the morning."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, now come let's go upstairs to tend your hand." I pulled her slightly - she looked back one more time at the broken plate on the floor before nodding and following me.

Upstairs in the bathroom it took me some time to find the first aid kit, but I found it at last. Iliana was sat on the counter sink while I searched it. She hasn't spoken since we came here.

I stood in front of her and in between her legs, "Your hand?" I asked her for it and she showed me. I started cleaning it with alcohol making her hiss, it wasn't that big of a gash - at least not big enough for stitches.

"Sorry for waking you up." Iliana mumbled as I wrapped her hand with gauze and bandages. Now one of her hands was in a cast and the other one wrapped with bandages.

"You don't need to apologize baby," I said and she hugged me - resting her head on my chest, but I pulled back when I remembered something making her look at me with confusion.

"The shirt is dirty," I explained as I pointed to the blood stain on my chest.

"Oh... sorry."

Instead of telling her that she again didn't need to apologize I just sighed and kissed her head. I took off my shirt and threw it on the dirty clothes basket.

When I turned around I came up with a flustered Iliana looking everywhere but at me. I chuckled at that. I was on my sports bra and joggers, she has seen me like this before so I don't get why she's all shy now, but it's cute.