Chapter Twenty Four

warning: abuse

-

Kai's POV

It's like I took one step forward with Iliana but at the same time I took ten backward.

That night I comforted and we stayed up there on the terrace for the rest of the evening. Obviously she wasn't in the mood to put on a smile and be polite to a bunch of strangers, so we stayed there. We didn't talk much, if we did it would be about random things nothing about what had happened.

All that just for her to shut me out again after that night.

I don't understand what am I doing wrong. It's so fucking frustrating, but she's worth it. She's worth every single moment of frustration.

Fuck when did I turn whipped.

"Hello? Earth to Kai," Emma waved her hand on my face.

"Uh?"

She raised a brow, "What got you lost on your head and bouncing your leg like mad?"

"Nothing, don't worry," I said nonchalantly. I didn't want to bore Emma with the same problem once again. But she knows me well, too well. She gave me a 'seriously' kind of look, other way of saying 'talk' for her.

"I don't want to tire you with my problems Em, we are out having fun I don't want to ruin it."

"Oh don't be dramatic we are just having ice cream in the park. Plus I know you need someone to talk to and lucky for you I'm a very good listener." She grinned.

"You sure?"

"Absolutely, now tell me," the brown eyed girl insisted.

I sighed. "Fine."

So I started telling her about everything that happened. We walked as I told her everything, it was not supposed to be as long as it was, but I kept retelling everything and thinking out loud as I told the story.

I don't understand how she didn't curse me out for it. I would have. Probably.

"So what's the verdict?" I asked her.

Emma had a serious and thoughtful look on her face, it was like I could see her brain processing the information. "By what you just told me I can tell she's scared... what do you know about her boyfriend?"

"Not much, just that he's a dick and that his name is.... George?... wait no, John?" I scratched my eyebrow in thought. "Oh no, no, wait, Josh! Yeah thats it. But that's as far as my knowledge of him gets."

Emma hummed, "I think you should look into him, you never know what you can find."

I nodded in agreement. "You're right, he did give off a shady vibe that one time I met him. Also the fact that Iliana's best friend seems to hate him... I should've thought about this sooner," I mumbled the last part.

"Don't feel bad Kai, it could also have nothing to do with it."

"For some reason I don't think so," I sighed.

I noticed we walked to the street of my building so I turned to look at Emma. "Hey, want to go up to hang out for a while in the penthouse?"

She quirked a brow, "Is this your subtle way to ask me to fuck?"

I chuckled and shook my head. "I don't bring anyone to the apartment for that." Iliana and I made an agreement a long time ago on that and even though we were on rocky terms I wasn't about to break it. I just genuinely wanted to hang out with Emma.

"Then sure, I wasn't in the mood anyway," she said as we entered the building and I greeted the doorman as we did.

"I bet I could get you in the mood though," I said flirty.

"But you won't so shut up Kai." Emma rolled her eyes playfully.

We entered the elevator and I pressed the button to the penthouse. I wonder if Iliana is home, I hope not, I don't want her to get the wrong idea about Emma. I know I have all the right to be whoever I want but I don't know...

The ding indicating we were on our floor brought me back from my head.

"Do you know if your wifey is home?" Emma asked me.

"I'm not sure. How about we watch a movie on the livingroom?" I said as we walked in the penthouse.

"Yeah, what movie do you have in mind?"

"I don't know..." I said entering the livingroom. But I wasn't looking where I was walking, instead I was distracted looking at Emma who was walking behind me. I bumped with something- someone.

When I looked down I felt my whole world come to a stop. It was as if time had froze over. I couldn't move, not until I heard the scream of Emma that brought me back to reality.

On the floor was a beaten black and blue Iliana, there's was a small puddle of blood by the side of her head. It was coming from a big gash on her forehead, it looked like she had hit the table.

I quickly fell to my knees and started to see if she was breathing, she was but barely. "Emma call 911," she too was on shock, "Now!" That brought her back from her shock and swiftly got her phone out and dialled.

I put Iliana on my lap and tried to stop her bleeding by pressing the wound with my flannel. "You're going to be fine blondie- please just hang on a little bit more help is coming just- please. Please Iliana... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry- this is my fault."

All I could hear was her faints grunts and how she struggled to breathe. "You're going to be alright baby girl, I'm sorry I wasn't here." I caressed her face being extremely careful I wouldn't hurt her, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I cursed out loud.

I didn't notice when the paramedics came, I only saw them when they took  her away from me and put her on a stretcher.

"Kai, Kai calm down! They have to take her to help her, remember?" Emma said holding me back.

I shook my head furiously. "I can't, I can't, I need to be with her, she can't be alone, she-"

"She won't. We will follow them to the hospital okay? She's not alone, she will be fine. I know its not easy, but right now you need to get yourself together for her. At least a bit."

I wiped the tears of my face noticing my bloody hands and Emma did too. "Want to change before we go?"

"No. We need to get going." I said and without waiting for her, entered the elevator.

I was feeling many things right now. I was scared to death about the thought of losing Iliana, I was sad, I couldn't believe this was happening. And I was angry, fuming, at the person who did this and when I find him he's as good as dead.

But thats doesn't matter right now. Right now all that matters is that Iliana its okay, because I don't know what I will do if she's not.

-

A/N - yeah so that happened.