Chapter Thirty Three

Kai's POV

"Hold up. You are telling me that you," I pointed to Alex. "And April..."

"Yes."

"Are a thing."

"Yes."

"As in dating."

"Yes."

"Officially."

"Yes."

"As in exclusively kissing and shit-"

"For god's sake, yes Kai!"

My mouth fell a gape, I stood up, pointed at Alex and started to jump around. "You mother fucker! You finally did it!" I yelled earning a laugh from Alex.

I went over to ther other side of the barstool and looked for just the right thing for this moment.

"What are you doing?" Alex asked still laughing.

"Looking for the perfect thing to celebrate your arguably greatest achievement in life yet." I found the champagne I was searching for,  shook it and then untapped it making it spray all over.

"Scoring a girlfriend is my greatest achievement in life?" She raised as brow. I grabbed two cups and filled them with the champagne.

"Not just a girlfriend but April the girl that has been driving you crazy for over two years. I'm glad you finally decided to man up and ask her." I hand her the glass and drink mine in one go.

I love champagne.

"Isn't it too early to be drinking?"

"Just pretend they're mimosas," I said while pouring myself another glass. Alex shrugged and downed down her glass and server herself more.

"Now tell me. How did you finally got her to be your girlfriend? I thought you were firm on not wanting to settle down." I asked.

She sighed.

"I was - or at least I thought I was decided on that. I made many mistakes since I met April, most of them I regret. I didn't take her feelings into consideration and instead toyed with them many times. I pushed her away when there was a slight chance of us going somewhere because I was scared and that hurt her. I knew it did because she liked me and I didn't care. I choose to fuck around each time."

That's the most Alex has shared with me about what happened between her and April and it doesn't really surprises me.

"You are an asshole." I sipped my drink.

"Oh thanks a lot Kai I definitely didn't know that already." She glared at me.

"And you hurt a really precious girl that you knew liked you just because you felt like you could."

"What are you getting at? I already know all of that and I regret it."

"Because I need you to just know it but understand it Alex. You're not a teenager anymore. I know I'm not the most mature of people to be saying that but what I mean is that I hope you know there's no place for slips now. No more fucking around when you're bored. None of that. Yes she rejected you last time you asked her but she had a right to or am I wrong?" Alex nodded slowly while avoiding looking at me.

I hate ruining the happy mood but I know Alex and it's because I do that I said all of that.

"I don't want to hurt her ever again like I did. All of that crazy lifestyle I lived it's behind me. Excessively partying and hooking up with someone different every night - it's not worth it, especially not if it means losing April. I'm trying to change for her and myself." Alex said with sincerity.

I used to be like that too so I can't hold it over her- but the different between Alex and me is that I know my limits she doesn't.

"I'm happy for you Al. Seeing you truly happy. I'm glad you're finally leaving all that shit behind." I raised my glass a bit as a form of saying cheers and downed it.

"Yeah yeah, enough sentimentalism you're gonna make me sick." Alex faked annoyance but I know she likes it. She's secretly a big softie... behind all of the asshole persona that's it.

"I'm appreciating you don't be a bitch."

She rolled her eyes.

"And I appreciate it but enough about me. Have you and Iliana fucked yet?"

"What is it with you and my sexual life with my wife."

"I'm your best friend idiot, I want to know and I'll take the evasion as a no."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes, "And what if we haven't?"

After the... incident that night Iliana hasn't tried anything like that again. I'm not sure if it's because she's mad still or embarrassed. It's not her fault that I'm a blind dumbass that can't take a hint. At least I don't seem to can take one when it comes to her.

Everything is different when it comes to my blondie.

I also avoided to tell Alex what happened. I don't need her to bully me more than she currently does.

"Just get it done already for god's sake. When was the last time you got laid?"

I scratched my chin as I thought about it. Right my last time was with Emma before getting together with Iliana.

"About almost five months ago I think?" I responded.

"How haven't you gone insane!" Alex motioned with her hands.

I shrugged, "It's not like I don't get to make out, cuddle and do other stuff with Iliana. But if it helps you get some sleep, I'm planning on changing that tonight."

"Tonight?" She asked.

"Yes. I'm taking Iliana out on a date tonight and I'm hoping we finally... you know - but if we don't I won't mind either." I shrugged.

Sex it's not my first thought when I'm spending time with Iliana - but that doesn't mean I don't want to do it with her because I really really do.

I'll just need to make sure this night is perfect because she deserves no less than that.

"And what the fuck are you doing in my house then!?"

I looked at her weirdly as I poured myself some more champagne. "Having some us time?"

"What does that even mean?" Alex asked.

"You know - quality time between friends. I swear you get stupider each day."

"Don't call me stupider you stupid."

"Stupider bitch."

"Get out of my house."

"I was going anyway. It smells like whore in here by the way." I grabbed my phone and started to walk out.

"It's because you are here!" Alex yelled as I went.

I turned around, "I doubt it!"

Alex flipped me off and I couldn't help but laugh as I went out and she did too.

Now onto what matters. Date night with Iliana.

I hope I don't fuck this up... again.

-

A/N - we are nearing the end! wonder what's gonna happen next.

by the way check out my new book if you can 😄