Chapter 21- Is it me or her?

Waiting hurts.
Forgiving hurts.
But not knowing which decision
To take, is the worst of suffering.
                                                          - Paulo Coelho.

For this chapter, listen to Stay with me by Anson Seabra.

"Y'all couldn't even just wait till you got home, to cuddle and kiss?" Sasha startled both of us.

I didn't actually realize I had held my breath in, not until I let out a heavy sigh, in relief.

"You scared the fuck out of me, Sasha." I informed her.

"Hahaha...sorry. I forgot my phone on the couch, that's why I came back." She chuckled while walking towards the couch, and picking up her phone.

"Are you guys really sure you don't need a lift back home? Because it's getting dark now." She gave a concerned look.

"It's ok, Sasha. We can wait another twenty minutes....probably it's the traffic delaying him." Kiana explained.

"Ok, fine. Bye...see you tomorrow then."

"Bye." Me and Kiana waved at her. She closed the door behind her, leaving me and Kiana alone, again.

"Let me try calling him." Kiana suggested and stood up from the couch.

"Yeah, I think it's a good idea." I agreed with her decision.

She paced around, waiting for the driver to pick up his phone, and after 5 rings, he picked up.

"Hello!" 

"Where the hell are you?"

"Ooh!" She exclaimed , continuing to listen. "But why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"It's ok." She sighed and hang up the phone.

"What happened?" I asked.

"The car got a flat tyre, and the brakes have an issue too." She sighed again. "I really don't know what to do now...how are we going to get back home?"

"Ohhh.... how about we just walk back?" I suggested.

"Are you crazy? We can't. It's like 2 hours if we walk back... I just can't. My feet will hurt." She complained

I smiled at her. "I'll carry you then...if you get tired."

She let out a soft laugh. "No...Let's just order an Uber instead."

"Why do you like spending a lot? Just keep that money for more important things." I explained getting close to her.

"Well, this is important... we just can't...."

I placed my finger on top her lips, so she could keep quite. "Trust me, I'll carry you, if you get tired....and if I get tired too...we can board a taxi. It's cheaper."

"But..."

"I'm serious."

She nodded her head in defeat.

I watched her pick up her jacket that was laying on the floor, plus her purse, and we headed out of the house.

"So.....What should we talk about as we walk? You know I hate walking in silence." She muttered once we were out, and on the streets.

"I don't know...anything."

"Seriously? Are you really going to drill me the whole journey back?"

She stopped and looked at me.

"Uhm...let me see."

Fuck... I was so nervous... and sweaty too, in my armpits. I sighed as I gazed up at the sky, as if it could give me an answer. "Let's talk about your passion....What do you love to do the most?"