Chapter 26- Secrets revealed

How long will I be like this?
Because all I want to do...is cry
And scream, and let it all out
Because it's killing me inside....

For this chapter, listen to slow fade by Ruth b.

"First of all....breathe. That's what matters most. You'll calm down, Xhey." The voice in my head spoke.

Oh lord, I wanted to faint. I closed my eyes. It's a dream, yes it's a dream. I smiled in my head....but I was so sad. I opened my eyes. They met with Yosef's. He was waiting for my answer.

"I...." My voice suddenly choked.

Everyone was looking at me...waiting. Should I say no and be free for the rest of my life? Or yes and suffer a heartbreak forever. I pretentiously smiled.

"I....will." I breathed a sigh.

Again, I made the worst decision. What is wrong with me? I thought I said I didn't care about the world and will do anything just for Kiana. I guess all that was left for me to regret every single time.

The guests clapped theirs hands cheerfully. Yosef softly placed the diamond ring full of crystals on my last forth finger and stood up. He gripped my waist, pulling me close to him. He connected his lips on mine and I felt a rush of nausea in my mouth, but I contained myself. He buried his face on my neck and whispered.

"Now you have no chance with that model."

A shiver of fear ran through my spine.

I whispered back. "You didn't have to do this."

"I love you and will do anything to make you mine forever."

He pulled away and smiled at me. I knew it was  a fake smile. I smiled back too and walked away from him.

I got into the kitchen and immediately the salty waters formed in my eyes. I couldn't keep them in any longer, allowing them to drop down my cheeks. They flowed down into my mouth so that I could taste my own sorrow.

With a lot of anger, I grabbed the glass on the table holding it tight, and threw it roughly on the floor. It shattered into pieces...just like my heart.

"Hey Ms." a girlish voice softly spoke.

I turned around. It was a young girl, so cute. Her eyes were icy blue. She had a smooth skin with small freckles sprinkled about like confetti. Her small button nose completed her small forehead and blunt cheek. Her hair was a lovely whiskey, the color of fallen leaves browned and sleek with the first rain of autumn.

"Hey cutie." I smiled wiping the tears off my face.

"Why are you crying?" She asked with a doleful face.

"Nothing sweetheart. My eyes are just sweating."

"But eyes don't sweat. It's our bodies that sweat."

"Oh." I lightly chuckled. "I didn't know. Thanks for educating me."

"It's ok." She smiled and came close to me. She placed her soft milky hands on my cheek.

"I guess you're crying because you're happy, that you're getting married."

"Oo-ohh." I stuttered.

"That's what most brides do. They call it..." she placed a finger on her chin like she was thinking.

"Tears of joy." She cheerfully spoke.

I chuckled, but I wasn't exactly happy. If only she knew what I was feeling.

I pulled her close to me and gave her a warm embrace.

"You are so cute." I muttered in her ear.