Chapter 25- I fucking miss you

I keep myself busy
With the things I do...
But every time I pause,
I still think of you.

For this chapter, listen to thinking bout you by Frank ocean.

"Who's that lady you were talking to?"

"That's my friend Kiana." I mumble looking down my phone.

"Oh, okay."

I place my phone down the table and glance through the menu. I've really lost my appetite after I've seen Kiana. I can't seem to think straight. She is all in my mind, heart....but I just have to do something....just something may be productive, to forget about her. That is the only way.

"Mum." I speak putting the menu down and looking at her.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Could you give me all the papers for your wedding preparations?"

She raises a brow and places down the cup of green tea she is taking.

"Why?"

"I've been thinking, and..." I sigh. "I can help you with all of the preparations....I see you're too busy with work and  you seriously need help."

She gazes at me with scrutiny. "Is this a joke?"

"No, it's not.. I'm being serious." I chuckle.

"Well ok." She widens her smile and starts searching in her bag.

"I think I left them in the car." She scowls and stands up. "I'll go get them."

"No mum, it's fine. First get done with your lunch, then we can all go back."

She smiles and continues with her lunch. I order for a sausage pizza and once mum's done eating, she pays for the bill and we leave the restaurant.

We walk to the car and start back home. Mum gives me the papers that have all her wedding preparations and glancing through them, I see that there's so much to do. I put the papers inside my door bin and look out the window. I can't control my thoughts.

I gaze at the sky, observing it change its hue. I had a paradoxical question I want it to answer. I think.... is it happy or sad like me? Is it in love, but can't make it past its differences? I wish it can answer me.

"What are you thinking about?" Mum asks pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing serious."

"So tell me..."

I turn to face her. She squints at me before looking back at the road.

"How are you and Yosef doing? Has he asked you out yet?"

My hands start sweating after her question. I just suddenly become nervous. Why did she want to know about me and Yosef? I act natural and put on a crooked smile.

"Yes he did."

"Ohh, that's great. So that's where you've been hiding all these weeks?" She smirks.

"Haha." I fake a laugh. "I guess."

"Well that's great. I'm so happy you got someone like him. So kind, loving, great listener..." she glared at me before looking back at the road. "Great bodyyy."

I chuckle. "Stop it mum."

"But I'm not lying about that. I haven't seen him naked, but I can tell."

"Mummmm." I pucker my brows.

"Whattt?"

She turns to her left and after five minutes, we reach home. When she parks the car, she glowers at me.