Chapter 22- Hardest decision

Most of the things we decide,
Are not what we know to be best.
We say yes,
Merely because we are driven into a corner
And must say something.
- Frank Crane.

For this chapter, listen to when it's over by Anson seabra.

I gazed at the floor for over six minutes, willing my lips to speak.

"Xhey....I need your answer...but just Incase.." he paused for a second and sighed. "Just incase, I'm not the one you're choosing...I need you to know, that I love you."

A lone tear traced down my cheek. I looked back at Yosef, his deep grey eyes were teary. I turned my eyes to Kiana too...tears were already down her cheeks.

I had to make a decision...a very hard decision... it was either Yosef, or Kiana. My heart sank.

"Are you ready to face the world as a lesbian? Think about it, Xhey." Yosef spat the words straight to my face.

As much as I tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down, one after another, without a sign of stopping. The world around me turned into a blur and so did all the sounds.

"Why are you threatening her?" Kiana finally spoke.

"I'm not threatening her... I'm telling her what's up.... Xhey can't be gay. I know her...you forced her into this."

"What... are you crazy? She controls her feelings, not me. And besides...why do you even want her? You cheated on her." She continued to shout.

"What? How?" Yosef questioned in confusion.

"Stop this...both of you."

The room fell silent...my decision was the only one left to be heard.

"I'm sorry....Kiana." I spoke releasing a steady stream of salty tears.

I couldn't face her. I knew she was hurt.

"I guess we should leave now." Yosef muttered.

He grabbed my hand but I withheld it. "I'll get you in the car."

"And why so? Are you gonna apologize to her?"

"Yosef...I need... to change my clothes."

He gave me one more stare and went down the stairs, leaving me and Kiana alone.

"Go." She shouted.

She turned her head away to hide her tears and pointed towards the stair case.

"Kiana...listen."

"Get. Out." She choked, barely holding back her tears.

I went back to the room and dressed up in my clothes. I climbed down the stairs and stormed out the front door. I wanted to go back inside and wrap my arms around Kiana, but I couldn't.

I couldn't walk up to her slowly and pull her closer to me, wrapping my arms around her. I couldn't surround her in a warm embrace and I couldn't feel the world around me melt away as she held me close to her.

"Xhey, get in the car." Yosef shouted.

I was so sad, but I made my decision.

I got in the car and sat still, looking out the window.

"Why are you even sad? Isn't it me who should be crying? Because literally, you broke my heart. You cheated on me...twice. Do you even consider my feelings?"