About the Author & Note

Hey guyssss,

I guess y'all know my names by now. My name's Cynthia Greyce and I'm 21 years of age. Originally, I'm Ugandan by nationality and I'm queer. So yeah....

First off, I wanna thank everyone, I mean... everyone that has taken their time to read and support me through my journey in this book. The journey has really been hard. From April 13th, 2020 to 7th, August, 2020. Damn.

Unlike most writers, I'd never... EVER, in my entire life thought I'd write a book or aspired to be a writer. Honestly. I never had a doodle book where I'd write stories and so fourth.

But I did offer literature during my school times, because, I loved reading books. And trust me, I was so good at that subject. When it came to novels like Oliver Twist, Houseboy, A Heart of the Matter and so many others, I'd wait for like everyone to desert the classroom and act the dialogues.

Acting made me understand the plot of the books, characters, their emotions, traits and the author himself. When time for the subject arrived, I'd volunteer to explain to the whole classroom what I understood in my own perspective, and I was right.

I even passed my final literature papers.

So in 2019, I went through my App store and searched for an app that had online novels and I stumbled on wattpad. I downloaded it and yeah... I did find novels, short stories and poems.

At beginning, my only aim was just reading books. And to be honest with y'all, I didn't know how to use wattpad. I fucking didn't know what it meant about having followers, votes and reads.

I knew wattpad only had novels of well known authors. That's what I knew. I didn't know that every person here on wattpad was just a normal teenager writing whatever they felt like writing on the app for people to read.

My first actual book I read here was Chasing Red by Isabelle Ronin. It had like over 150 million reads and 5 million votes at that time. Obviously, anyone would want to read a book that has such views, Right? It proves that the book is very interesting and worth reading.

I can't deny the fact that that book is interesting. It's indeed interesting and addicting.... in my own opinion. To some it's not... and that's just how it is.

Ok, back to what I was saying.

I never voted for any books I read in 2019 because I didn't know what that little star at the bottom of my screen meant to the writer. All I used to do was put their books in my offline library and read. I did enjoy those books I put offline, though.

So when covid 19 came in this year (2020), we were quarantined at home. I was just seated on ma bed and I had some family problems I was facing. Those problems I can't mention here made me feel depressed, unwanted, all kinds of awful feelings you can imagine.

Something clicked my mind that day and told me to write a book. Whew. I started thinking. A book! Me, Cynthia, writing a book. I had never done this before... but I just felt like putting my emotions down on paper. It didn't take me that long to think about my final decision.

I sighed and looked through my playlist searching for songs that could give me an idea. Lauv and Sasha Sloan were in my head by that time and I would die for their songs, til now, lol. I listened to all their songs and "thoughts" was my final song to inspire my first chapter.

As for lauv, his "feelings" songs inspired my book title.

Yeah, as you know, I really was terrible... like so damn terrible at writing my book in the beginning and didn't ever think anyone would read my story. So I slept that night after publishing.

Next morning, I woke up and I was left in awe you guys😭😂😂😂.

I had 15reads and 3votes🤣. I don't know, but this made me so damn happy 😊. I was happy because at least 15 people had the pity to check out my fake book. Wow. But note, (I still didn't bother about the votes. I didn't know it's use.)

Not too long after three days, two beautiful humans commented❤️❤️

Slowly and slowly (til now), I started editing and searching on google how to write a good book. Google did help me... and I was improving.

That's my whole journey, which I hope will continue to one million views.

I have to confess, I've inboxed a few people a number of times to read my book and vote, which is bad. Its really bad. I no longer do that, if it's what you think.

It's bad because, normally, these people who do read for read and vote for vote don't genuinely read your book. All they do is, read a few paragraphs which look eye catching and pretend to comment just so you can do the same, plus vote.

I no longer want that. I want genuine reads. That is readers.... not reads. I want someone to sit down, concentrate on my book, feel the pain, the tears, the sarcasm, the sadism, the happiness, the jokes, the tension in my characters and know their reason for the development of my book.

That is what I want. I don't write for votes or reads. I write for readers, people who know the sweat and reason for the book.

And one more last thing.... one day, someone is going to sit down and do all that I have said, not just for my book, but for also a writer who is struggling. One day, someone will genuinely vote for your book because they have liked it... and one day, you will become someone's favorite author.

Aight I'm out.😚🖤🖤