CHAPTER 4 - JUNGKOOK

"Komapseumnida." the boy thanked Ha Yun.

"Cheonmaneyo. Are you a student? You look the same age as my students." she said.

     He looked at her in disbelief and soon relaxed with a cute smile. "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Jeon Jeong-Guk. I am with the BTS idol group."

"Ah, BTS." Ha Yun nodded with understanding.

"So that is why you are being chased earlier. Are they your fans?"

     She was under the impression that he was running away as his life depended on it. Since it was just his admirers, she should not have anything to worry about.

"Yes. They managed to find out my whereabouts faster than usual today and I mistakenly ran in the opposite direction of our van. I planned to run around back to our van but got lost here." he said smiling shyly, probably regretting his not so brilliant escape plan.

"So, do you want your van to pick you up here?" she offered.

"That will be great. But I need to borrow your phone. I left mine with the staff."

"Okay, let's go upstairs. I left mine too, as I was rushing to your rescue."

    She laughed as she poked fun at him and Jungkook's thin lips formed a cute attempt at pouting before bursting into a toothy grin. She could understand why the girls were chasing him around. He was adorable.

    While waiting for the agency van to arrive, she offered him some drinks and introduced herself to him. He was not sure how to address her, so they settled on him calling her Noona.

    As Jungkook was making himself comfortable in the staff lounge by looking at the information board, she recalled her conversation with the distressed parent earlier.

"Since you are here. Can I ask you something?" Jungkook turned to look at her.

"Yes, Noona."

"I have a parent worrying about her daughter who skipped classes to wait around at the airport to see your group. She is falling behind in her studies. What is your opinion about this issue?"

    His cheery expression disappeared and looked taken aback.

"Gwaenchanayo. I am not blaming you. I am sorry if you felt pressured by my teacher vibe." Ha Yun smiled reassuringly to him. " I just want your honest opinion. I am not familiar with the K-POP fandom."

    He relaxed and took some time to think about it. He even managed to look adorable even while thinking. She pitied those girls whose hearts swooned with his every reaction.

"I appreciate my fans who sent a lot of affection to our group. I also think studying is as important as pursuing what they are passionately about. I just hope no one gets hurt and stays safe while they find a balance between what they are passionate about and having a good life." He said thoughtfully.

"I see. Thank you for putting a lot of thought into your opinion." He looked relieved, like he just passed an unexpected test.

'I understand your way of thinking professionally of trying to take care of all the hearts involved. As a teacher, I have to be affectionate towards my students but there are a few incidents where I have to put a firm stop to certain displays of affection and let them know what is acceptable behaviour and what is not. Too much affection is not all good." Ha Yun explained while Jungkook nodded in contemplation. 

(WORD COUNT: 567)

******************************************************

Author's note:

***I could just imagine how relieved Jungkook was to escape from the girls. Have you ever been chased by people? It must been scary. 😱😱

***I will also melt to see Jungkook smiled cutely like that. LOL. 😍

***Please like, comment and vote if you like my story. Thanks :-)