CHAPTER 22 - THE SEA OF EMOTIONS

Throughout the first half of the concert, she remained in the waiting room but was asked to be stationed by the side stage as some American event staff were not able to communicate in Korean. The backstage was very hectic as staff worked systematically to make sure all of the music, sound, lights, special effect, costume, dancers and arrangement worked seamlessly around the BTS members performance. The members had a different tension around them as they focused on delivering a perfect and awesome performance to the crowd of screaming audience.

     She just observed in awe as the frantic scene unfolded in front of her and helped to communicate instructions when asked. Suddenly, there was a commotion as the BTS members took a break for costume change. They passed her at the side stage and managed to flash a grin despite their rapid breathing and sweaty appearances. She just smiled back enthusiastically and gave them double thumbs up.

    Suddenly, one staff member went to her to ask her to retrieve a microphone left behind on the stage. Then, he left in a flash looking distracted. She was suddenly forced with the task.

    She hesitated but as she looked at how busy the other staff were, she had no choice but to go out onto the stage. If she made a dash for it, maybe she could retrieve the missing item safely.

    Then, she sprinted out on the stage and focused to locate the microphone. She saw the deep blue microphone laying on the floor in the middle of the stage and ran towards it. When she picked up the microphone, she made the mistake of looking up towards the horizon and the scene stretched out as far as she could see.

    The thousands of sparkling lights moving in waves. The rigorous chants echoed throughout the stadium and rippled from both sides towards the center. The waves of energy and emotion swirled up to the center and loomed over her before crashing onto her like a tsunami. She froze. Her breath caught in her throat. The crashing energy waves thundered in her ears. She forgot how to breathe as she suffocated under the crushing pressure. Her voice came out as a gasp of whisper as she struggled to breathe in panic. Her lung started to burn and her vision started to dot in black and white. She knew any minute now, her leg would cave in and she would pass out making her unable to continue her work.

    She gritted her teeth, gripped the microphone and closed her eyes. Maybe removing one sense would help lessen the pressure. Then, she felt a hand tugged at her and pulled her away from the center stage. She opened her eyes as she was pulled to the safety of the backstage.

She was still catching her breath when the savior spoke.

"You know you can't be in a crowded area, so why did you go out?" her vision cleared and she saw it was Namjoon. He lifted up his hoodie from his face.

"Just for this damn microphone!"

      He took the microphone from her and she barely stopped him from smashing it. If the microphone was alive, it would be dead by now, judging from his anger. His jaw tightened as he gritted his teeth. She held on his hand to pacify the rumbling anger.

     She took a deep breath to calm herself and shook away all of the remaining energy waves from herself. Water could stop a fire.

"Thank you."

She looked at him and offered a weak smile. He calmed down a notch and she relaxed a bit.

"Thank you for saving me. It could have been worse if you didn't show up."

"You are lucky I happened to come here to get back this microphone."

"Yes, lucky indeed."

She smiled and let go of his hand but he pulled her towards him.

"Gwaenchanayo?" He searched her face worriedly.

   She was surprised at the proximity of their faces and froze. She had just recovered from an overwhelming force of emotion, so she was not ready for another.

"You look pale. Let's go to the waiting room."

He began to lead her to the room and she didn't have the energy to protest.

    As she followed him, she observed his broad shoulders and his confident stride. This person was able to survive performing on that huge frightening stage and entertaining thousands of people. Something that she couldn't do with her current state. 

    Suddenly, she felt inspired to overcome her enochlophobia which was getting worse since Soo Jin's suicide. Maybe she could learn to overcome her weakness if she kept following this person. She smiled at this thought.

(WORD COUNT: 783)

*****************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE:***Have you been to any of BTS concert? What do you like most about it?

***Which BTS microphone color you like best? Your bias's or bias wrecker? hehehe...

***If you like this chapter please comment and vote. Thanks :-)

UPDATE 28/8/2020 -Edited the chapter length into two chapters