CHAPTER 7 - SUN HA YUN

Kim Namjoon was sitting down on the dance studio cold, hardwood floor

    Kim Namjoon was sitting down on the dance studio cold, hardwood floor. His heart was beating erratically and his chest moved up and down to accommodate the rapid air intake. He blinked to clear the droplets of sweat running down from his hair and could taste the saltiness of his dance effort on his panting lips. He caught on his reflection in the mirror and ran his long fingers in his silver grey hair to move his long bang out of his eyes. Maybe he was due for a haircut.

     Then, the monster in his stomach growled which spurred him to catch up with the other members exiting the dance studio. The idea of warm food waiting for him at the rest area made his sore legs light and his lips spread wide.

    The other members were goofing around with each other so he ambled behind Suga. His mind was full with song lyrics circling non stop, so he was looking forward to sitting down and finishing the lyrics he was writing.

    Suddenly, he heard Jimin called out to someone waiting in front of the meeting room. She had similar height with him and based on how Jimin's face lit up looking at her, Namjoon guessed that Jimin liked her a lot.

"Guys this is Jungkook's saviour, Ha Yun Noona. She will be our interpreter." Jimin introduced the person excitedly.

   V introduced himself to her and she looked comfortable with his presence while Jin tried unsuccessfully to charm her with his introduction. It seemed that some people were immune to the famous World Wide Handsome's gesture. J-Hope introduced himself with a much hyped energy and complimented her outfit. She beamed happily at J-Hope.

    As Namjoon finally came closer to the group, he got to see the person in full view. She was wearing a beige knee length dress which fit her nicely with her tall slender frame. Her long wavy black hair contrasted nicely with her dress and fell just passed her shoulder. Her thin necklace and watch were her only accessories on her person and she pulled the casual but elegant look off with a minimal make up on her face.

   Suga introduced himself to her in his own laidback way and Namjoon noticed the smile of amusement on her face. His sense of curiosity was sparked as most people would be put off by Suga 'I can't be bothered' attitude.

   Suddenly, he tried to check on his appearance on the window and pushed his sweaty hair back. He hoped he didn't smell so much.

"Annyeonghaseyo." he started and when she looked up to him, his heart rate slowed down a beat. Her face was like a soothing balm to his frantic inner soul.

"I am Kim Namjoon. The leader of BTS." he said while holding up his hand and smiled.

   Her eyes twinkled as she smiled back at him. A smile that seemed to pull at his heart's string.

   As she gently reached out to shake his hand, a clashing spark of energy sizzled in between their touches. Her eyes widened just a fraction at the sensation but she quickly masked that surprised with a polite smile.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I am Sun Ha Yun. It is very nice to finally meet you."

   Her voice had a steady rhythm to it, like a constant stream of water, murmuring words of comfort. She let go of his hand and he missed the touch already.

   Jungkook a boy as he was, commented that Ha Yun didn't recognise him at first. Namjoon could literally hear Ha Yun sighed inwardly. She definitely didn't like people to find out that she didn't know something.

   She smiled meaningfully to Jungkook, "Jungkook-sshi, sometimes there is something that is better left unsaid." but Jungkook just looked at her confusedly. He was too naive to understand what she wanted to say.

"She said don't tell the management or people that she doesn't know about BTS." Namjoon explained kindly. She smiled thankfully at him.

   But unfortunately, others didn't pick up on the message of secrecy and decided to focus on the fact that she lacked the crucial info about BTS. She continued to explain to the curious members as he continued to watch her interacting with the hyped up youngsters.

   He couldn't stop looking at this new person that he had just met. Her presence was like a gentle wave of water that slowed down his life for a second. He felt like the world moved in slow motion as he observed her. Everything else faded away and his eyes could only see her. How she moved her hands with ease and grace to calm down the excited members.

"I know it is weird to not know, when you are world famous, but I live in my own bubble when it comes to celebrities."

   She talked in gentle and slow murmurs which sound calming to his ears.

    His heart beat loudly against his chest. Not the usual fast beats he experienced with the occasional bursts of adrenaline. But a slow hard beat, like a drum in his ear. He feared others could hear how hard his heart was drumming so he hugged himself.

"I value my privacy and I will respect your privacy in return. Privacy is the basic human right."

Her words were direct and filled with the sigh of wisdom.

"Although, there are people in the world who missed learning that part in their 'How to be Human' manual."

    Yet, just like water, which can be unpredictable, she suddenly splashed out with her no nonsense wit, like a cold water slap on the face. He found this person a welcome delight to his mind and couldn't help suppressing an amusing smile.

    Then, just as he was getting comfortable in her presence, a staff came to pull her into the meeting room. 

    Before she made her exit, Ha Yun turned to him with admiration in her eyes, "Namjoon-sshi, I saw your UNICEF speech. Thank you, for being who you are. I think the world is much kinder with you in it." she smiled at him and asked to be excused.

But he was stunned.

   Her dark brown eyes are gentle but strong enough to hold his gaze. Her clear gaze and her honest words penetrated deep within as if she was talking directly to his soul. Then, when she abruptly made her excuse he felt like he hadn't got enough of her yet. His heart was not ready to let her go.

His eyes followed her as she stood in front of the meeting room. Then, he saw it.

   A chameleon would instantly recognize another chameleon. Sun Ha Yun was a social chameleon just like him as she put on another persona and went inside the meeting room. 

(WORD COUNT: 1118)

*********************************************************

Author's note:

***Whew! Things are getting hotter now that Kim Namjoon finally met Ha Yun.

***Have you ever experience getting an electric shock when you touch another person?

 ***Please like, comment and vote if you like my story. Thanks :-)

UPDATE 18/6/2020. Thanks to @thegapinthedoor for giving an awesome feedback. As requested I added a little of Namjoon's hot sauce in the chapter 😈