- three !

ji suddenly jumped on renjun's lap, scaring the shit out of him, "oh my gosh ji don't scare me like that!"

ji pouted, "sorry renjun." she said squishing cheeks. the boy didn't like people touching his face, but he let the little girl touch him because she was too cute to push away.

beom tapped renjun's shoulder making renjun look at him, "what is it beomie?"

"what time is papa coming home?"

renjun softly smiled, "he's coming in ten minutes." he then stood up remembering something, "which reminds me, i have to go and make him dinner."

renjun placed the little girl on the couch gently making sure not to hurt her, he looked at the two, "just stay here alright?"

the two kids nodded as renjun gave them the remote for the tv so they could watch, he then started walking towards the kitchen, ideas of what to cook already in his head.

he tilted his head in confusion as he put his hands on the counter top, "should i make this or that?"

in the end, he decided to go with a simple cream pasta, not too light, but not too heavy either. he then began to prepare the ingredients one by one.

soon enough, he was almost done cooking it, now all he had to do was plate the food.

"papa you're home!" a girl screamed from the kitchen.

obviously, that meant jaemin was already home, he wanted to greet him but there was still pasta in his hand so he decided to plate it first.

as he was pouring the pasta into the plate, he then felt something heavy on his shoulder.

renjun gulped knowing that it was in fact a face that was on his shoulder, then he realized he's only met one person here in this house besides the kids, "j-jaemin?"

"i'm back." jaemin said sending shivers down renjun's spine. but it also made renjun's heart beat. faster than it should've.

before renjun could even respond, jaemin backed away with a slight smirk on his face, "why are you so red?"

renjun was indeed red from jaemin's bold action, but he shrugged the topic off, "u-um! i'll put the kids to bed now!"

renjun then ran away from jaemin who was now left all alone in the kitchen, but he was still smiling to himself.

renjun picked ji who was almost this close to falling asleep on the couch, i mean, it's already past their bedtime. they should be sleeping right now.

he also proceeded to hold beom's hand, "okay let's go up now?"

the little boy nodded as the three then went up to the siblings' shared room, one bed on each side, renjun first placed the little girl down and was about to put beom into bed but ji grabbed his hand, "wait!"

renjun looked back, "what is it ji?" she then pouted, "i need a good night kiss."

letting out a small chuckle, renjun kissed her forehead, and with that, she drifted off to sleep. renjun did the same thing to beom as well.

as he was about to go out, he was met by jaemin leaning on the doorway, renjun gasped, "geez you scared me!"

jaemin then placed a finger near renjun's lips, shushing him, "the kids are sleeping."

"why are you up here? shouldn't you be eating?" renjun asked in curiosity, not to sound rude or anything.

jaemin shrugged, "i wanted to wait for you. plus," he then leaned forward making the smaller boy internally panic at what jaemin was doing,

"where's my good night kiss?"

letting out a deep sigh, renjun slapped his arms flustered at what he just said, he then pushed jaemin out of the way, "just go eat already!"

jaemin could only chuckle at renjun's behavior towards him, he found the boy quite cute, his looks and personality, his type if you would ask me.

jaemin then followed renjun down the stairs, he saw renjun sit on the chair in front of where jaemin's food was, so jaemin sat down as well.

jaemin then picked up his fork, and began to eat the pasta renjun had made for him, but he couldn't eat well seeing renjun just scrolling on his phone.

he placed his fork down and gave him a weird look, "are you just gonna stay on your phone?"

renjun looked up and nodded, not really seeing a problem to that, "yeah? why?"

"i wanna learn more about you. you're taking care of my kids after all."

renjun then thought about jaemin's words before placing his phone down, he then looked at the boy in front of him, "i guess so. i don't want you to think i'm some kidnapper or something."

'but i think of you as something else.' jaemin mumbled to himself. he was just glad he came up with an excuse to learn more about the boy in front of him.

jaemin already knew that this boy was innocent. his plan before leaving was actually going through a thorough investigation about the person, but seeing it was renjun, someone as sweet as him. he really didn't mind.

"well then, i'm huang renjun. i'm twenty two. i like ice cream and hugs." renjun said as a smile appeared on his face making jaemin's heart melt.

'i can totally give you both of those. especially the second one.'

"oh cool! what flavors do you like?" jaemin asked in curiosity.

"vanilla and mint chip! simple but delicious." renjun said fiddling with his hands.

jaemin's heart softened seeing how small innocent the boy was, he already knew, he needed to protect the boy.

before the two could even continue their conversation about ice cream flavors, the door was heard opening, revealing a man with a suit on.

the man then walked towards the two who were having a chat in the dining room, "who is he?"

jaemin then turned back finding the voice very familiar, his face then dropped seeing who it was,

"you're here jeno? already?"

_ t b c _