- twenty two !

"you may come in

"you may come in."

the door immediately opened as soon as those words were said, entering the room, he went in front of the desk to take a bow as a sign of respect.

raising an eyebrow, she put the papers she was once holding, back down on the desk to listen to him, "what brings you here, mr. wang?"

"i have some news to give you, madam." he said quite nervously, worried that he might offend her with absolutely any word he says.

clicking her tongue, she leaned back on her chair as she motioned her finger making the secretary come towards him, "give it to me."

mr. wang immediately handed the papers to her, he took a few steps back giving her personal space, but the woman only furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"what's this?" she said as she looked up at him. mr. wang took a step forward, "a police report."

"and why exactly are you giving me this?" she asked, still in lots of confusion.

"your son was involved in it, madam."

the woman gasped in shock as she started to look through the report, and it seems like her son called the police, only to find out it was a police alarm, but what captured her eyes, was the other people involved in it, "huang renjun? supposedly missing?"

mr. wang nodded, "it seems that sir jaemin thought that this certain 'huang renjun' went missing, but then he was in the store right next to it."

"ah, i have a stupid son indeed." she said with a small chuckle right after. but then went back to a serious face, "why are you giving this to me? i don't care who my son dates."

that's right, mrs. na doesn't give an absolute shit about who jaemin dates. after some weeks of thinking, she decided that her son deserves to date whoever he wants. despite looking and having a cold look, she just wants her son to be happy. so this why she was quite surprised at why her secretary was giving her this.

mr. wang bit his bottom lip worried about how she would react after he'd say the next thing. taking a deep breath, "i suggest you look at the last page, madam."

her eyes still squinted in confusion, she then turned to the last page of the police report, and her eyes definitely widened in shock, "there were children involved?!"

that wasn't the thing that shocked her the most, but it was the other man who was also involved in this.

"lee jeno?!" she said loudly. now this is where she doesn't accept this, she will be absolutely fine with anyone who jaemin dates, except for one family.

putting down the police report, mrs. na gave her secretary a look in the eye, "tell me mr. wang, what would i say about jaemin's dating life?"

mr. wang took a giant gulp right before he started, "jaemin can date anyone he wants, except anyone related to the lee family."

"right." she stood up and walked towards him with a smirk on her face, "call mrs. lee, and tell her i'd like to have a small chat with her next week right after she comes back from england."

"will do."

🪐

"what's all the commotion here?" mrs. lee asked with a curious face, but then she let out a small chuckle right after, "mr. jung, you can take a break. we're somewhat hear on a vacation as well anyways."

mr. jung only let out a sheepish smile but then went back to a serious face as he realized why he came here, to tell her some very important news.

"someone asked for your presence next week when you arrive in seoul, madam."

mrs. lee only let out a loud sigh as she picked up the newspaper that was right in front of her and ready to read, she started to read it, not looking at her secretary anymore, "and who dare to ask for me in such an unmannerly way?"

mr. jung was already starting to feel guilty as he realized that she sounded so tired, so he then started to retreat, "i can always say no, madam—"

"no, tell me which rude person asked for me this time?" she said in a strict tone.

mr. jung had his head low, not wanting to see her reaction once he said the name, "mrs. na."

the newspaper was still covering her face, meaning mr. jung still couldn't see her reaction, but instead, he heard a loud scoff from her.

"what does she want now? to delay my product so that she could have the spotlight for a few weeks?" from behind, she actually rolled her eyes as she already imagined meeting her, which is something she definitely didn't want to do.

"actually, it isn't about the company at all." he spoke right after she had finished her words.

silence came, which mean she was letting the secretary speak his words once more.

"it's about your son, jeno." and that's when mrs. lee dropped her newspaper to give him a look, "my son?"

mr. jung nodded, "she says that it's about your son, and you'll regret it if you wouldn't go."

and instantly, she already knew that it was very important, because first of all, there sons were never involved when these two talked about business, and secondly, they've never even spoken about their sons together at all.

"i see..." she said as she nodded to herself, trying to think what could possible be the reason, but then something else popped into her head, "how's my son been doing in the house these days? i've been gone for so long, he must be lonely."

"madam, about that..." mrs. lee's eyes then focused back on his as he saw how nervous her secretary now was.

"he's not coming home these days. he's always out in the morning, and at night, but he leaves work early when someone visits him." and that definitely meant something was off.

"man or woman?" the mother already knew about her son being gay, and she fully supported that, but she would always say, not right now when the company is at it's peak. and whatever mr. jung answers, could mean a whole lot of things, especially related to the na family.

she just hoped he would say woman so at least mrs. lee would know that it's only a simple close friend.

mr. jung bit his bottom lip, "man."

and there'd only be one possibility if all this was connected to each other, especially realizing that the na family has a son jeno's age. if this was the case, then jeno would be in big trouble, as in very big trouble.

"tell mrs. na i'll be there."

_ t b c _