- eight !

"um, i'm sorry again

"um, i'm sorry again."

jeno only let out a sigh as he looked at renjun who was looking because he probably didn't wanna see jeno's face.

jaemin wanted to say something, but he didn't know what to say, so instead, he pressed his lips into a thin line a kept quiet.

jeno leaned back on his chair not really knowing what to say either, i mean, he couldn't blame renjun for simply wanting to apologize, "it's alright renjun."

jaemin turned to renjun who was clearly seen shaking from the fear, finding it quite odd, he knew something was wrong with him, but he's not in the place to ask yet.

jeno himself also noticed how renjun was acting, and it worried him as well. seeing renjun close to tears as his body shook, broke his heart.

standing up from his chair, he kneeled down in front of renjun, he should be having a talk with renjun, but this, this is more important to him.

"are you alright?" jaemin asked approaching renjun who was with jeno.

flashbacks of renjun's childhood went inside his brain, all the hits, curses, and complaints, from his family. more flashbacks of him sobbing alone on his bedroom floor with no one to help him.

renjun let out small tears, sniffling from time to time but trying to keep himself since he wasn't at home. playing the scenes in his head again, didn't help at all at what he was feeling right now.

before jeno could do anything, jaemin grabbed renjun and embraced him tightly, drawing circles on his back to calm him down, his head on top of renjun's shoulder as the older was buried in his chest.

"shh, just cry it out." jeno said from behind. although renjun couldn't see jeno since he was hugging jaemin, he can feel the sincerity coming out of jeno's voice, so he let out a weak smile that only he would know.

jeno wanted to slap himself for what he did to renjun today and the night before, if only he knew the boy was this sensitive, he wouldn't have done it all.

seeing him so vulnerable, his heart broke at the sight, he wanted to hug him as well and tell him how much he was sorry but seems like jaemin was already doing it.

before any of the three boys could speak, a knock on the door was heard, slowly opening, it was jeno's secretary, "sorry to bother you three but, there's an urgent meeting."

jeno facepalmed mentally as he realized he still had work today, but a part of him didn't wanna do it and just spend time with renjun.

looking at renjun who was still buried and jaemin's chest, he weakly smiled, "cancel all my meetings."

furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, jaemin stepped closer towards jeno, confused as to why jeno was taking such a big risk knowing what the consequences were. especially at a time like this?

"jeno, you have a new product releasing next week. missing a meeting could ruin the overall image of the product. you know that very well." hearing a conversation pop up, renjun raised his head with the dried tears and puffy eyes.

he turned to jeno and looked at him sadly, "you have to go, jeno. i don't want your product to fail because of me."

clicking his tongue in annoyance, he rolled his eyes as he looked at jaemin with a glare, "first of all, why do you care about my product with a rival company like me?" he then faced renjun with a more calmer look on his face knowing what happened earlier, "two, my father can handle the product."

jeno then turned to the secretary who was simply standing there waiting for someone to give her directions, he let out a smile, "tell my driver to prepare the car, we're going out?"

renjun walked towards jeno with an angry look on his face, "why would you do that?! do you know the risk—" jeno placed a finger on renjun's lips to shush the boy, a small smirk appearing on his face once he did that.

letting out a small chuckle, at the two who gave each other slight (but flirty) glares, "where are we going anyways?"

jeno snapped out of his staring contest with renjun and faced jaemin to cross his arms, taking a step forward like he's always done before, no surprise really, "that's for me to know, and for you to find out."

letting out small giggles, jeno grabbed his bag and quickly walked out of office with renjun following from behind leaving jaemin smiling at how cute the two were.

jeno leaned on the car door waiting for renjun to follow him, and once he arrived, he put his hands on knees, breathless from all the walking they did just to get to the parking lot.

renjun walked towards the car and leaned on it right next to jeno who was simply waiting for the other male to come out, "why are you so tired?"

renjun panted, his lungs felt like they were out of air from all the floors, "the question is, why are you so calm?"

jeno raised an eyebrow at renjun's question, he suddenly moved himself in front of renjun, putting each arm of his on each side.

jeno stared at renjun's face, strands of hair sticking to the top of his forehead from all the walking they did, his lips still glossy as ever.

renjun froze realizing who was in front of him, his heart racing realizing at how close jeno was once again, "w-what are you doing, jeno?"

footsteps were heard coming closer to the car, the two who were trapped into each other's eyes didn't even notice him right there staring at the two creepily.

"am i perhaps, disturbing something?"

_ t b c _