- eleven !

he was confused

he was confused.

very much confused.

it was already monday which meant it was time for renjun to go back and take care of the kids, which he was fine with. but what he wasn't fine with was the fact that jaemin and jeno were both ignoring him.

the kids were currently running around the house as always, beom being relaxed as he played with his toy cars. while ji was so close to breaking some expensive vases.

normal.

the kids were, not the adults. jaemin and jeno were seated in the dining room working on some documents for their own companies, but when the chinese male came in, none of them even said hi.

as if he wasn't there at all. and renjun couldn't help but frown since the little date they had stuck to his head for awhile.

renjun was so busy staring at the two in the dining room, that he didn't notice a little girl jumping onto his lap. the chinese turned to her in confusion as she squished his soft cheeks.

it definitely made renjun happy. a cute little face in front of him as she squeezed his cheeks could surely make him turn brighter as always, renjun put his hand out to caress ji's arm, "why'd you suddenly jump on my lap, baby?"

ji only pouted as she continued to play with renjun's cheeks, "you look so sad. so i needed to cheer you up of course!"

renjun's heart softened at the child's words, he then glanced at the two men in the dining room before looking back at ji, he squished her cheeks gently as well before letting out a small chuckle.

at least someone cares about him.

suddenly, someone jumped on the couch right next to renjun and ji, turns out it was beom. renjun raised an eyebrow at him in confusion, "weren't you playing with your toy cars upstairs?"

beom put both of his arms to his hips while furrowing his eyebrows, he somewhat looked like an old granny trying to scold their kids but that's not the point here.

"look at your watch."

the chinese nodded, still, there was confusion on his face, looking down at his wrist, he realized what time it was as he gasped a bit too loudly scaring the little girl.

renjun grabbed the little girl on his lap and gently placed her on the side before ruffling his hair in frustration, "it's your nap time!"

was he that stressed over jaemin and jeno that he lost track of time? maybe.

beom only clicked in tongue playfully before letting out a sigh, he walked towards his little sister to grab her by the arm, "come on sis, let's go."

renjun only chuckled at the little boy since he was acting more like the babysitter here now, so instead, he just followed the two kids up the stairs making sure nothing would happen to them.

the three got in the room and the kids went on their separate beds, not really saying anything to each other since they looked quite sleepy from all the playing they've done this afternoon.

renjun stared at the both of them getting all comfy in their own beds, a small smile curved on his lips, "i'll wake you both up in an hour alright?"

the two nodded as they slowly closed their eyes, probably thinking about what to dream about this nap time, may it be about unicorns, or heroes saving the world, only they will now.

chuckling quietly, renjun closed the door and went downstairs, not really sure of what he was going to do now since he was already dong with everything. and the only other thing he could do other than stay in the living room was,

go talk to jaemin and jeno.

nah, renjun wasn't going to do that. he wasn't going to risk the both of them getting more angry than they were at his apartment. who knows what they were mad about? but whatever it was, renjun surely didn't wanna trigger it even more.

he crossed his arms and leaned on a random wall as he once again stared at the two from afar, they were both busy with their own work.

so he just decided, he's just going to drink a glass of water in the kitchen. he was quite thirsty anyways.

he walked to the kitchen quietly, not wanting to disturb the two since they were both busy with work and the distance of the kitchen and dining room wasn't that far either.

pouring himself some water, and adding some freshly made ice in his glass, he gulped it trying to get a refreshing taste. i mean, water does taste good.

it was all fine until one of his finger slipped while he was drinking causing the glass to shatter everywhere, now all there was some ice, glass, and water.

renjun gasped at the big mistake he just did, he quickly bent down and tried to grab the small little piece of glass on the floor, he tried to endure the pain, but he needed to clean it up quickly.

he saw a big piece of glass and tried picking it up only to have a large scratch on his palm, drops of blood slowly oozing out, tears swelled up in his eyes.

he's seen blood multiple times during his childhood, and after he moved here, it was something he never wanted to see again until now.

renjun bit his bottom lip in frustration and continued to pick up the pieces of glass to get it finished quickly.

well that was until someone grabbed his arm harshly. renjun gulped as when he was pulled, he ended up leaning on the person's chest. he turned around to look at the person's face.

"jeno?"

instead of a response, he quickly pulled him towards the dining room, only to be met by jaemin who had his arms crossed and a disappointed look on his face.

jeno pushed him down on the chair harshly and took out some materials from his bag, turns out it was a medical kit.

"wait, aren't you mad at me—"

"shut up, and let us take care of you."

_ t b c _