- four !

fun fact: i was planning to update twice yesterday but then i was binge reading chogi books so :// i kinda cried at the scene of 'loyal' when it said that taeil was sad bc he couldn't have his own happy ending with doyoung :(
also her writing is so good tf? i could never HAHAHA. i never get tired of it lmao. definitely the most legendary author in the nct wattpad world.

also, three am update things🥴

"so were you even planning to tell me?"

jeno leaned back on his chair, crossing his arms as he looked at the two boys in front of him. he was quite offended that jaemin wouldn't even bother to tell him that they were getting a babysitter? he's the parent of the kids as well.

rolling his eyes, jaemin clicked his tongue as he drank a sip of his coffee which renjun made for him and jeno, "i was planning to, but when i tried calling you. your secretary answered saying you were busy and i know your schedule so i didn't even bother anymore."

"you can come to my office as well you know?"

renjun felt so small in between their conversation, he doesn't even know what relation they have, but guessing the topic, he was the other parent.

that didn't help renjun as he was still sitting their awkwardly as he fiddled with his own cup of coffee that was right in front of him. it's not like he could just come in their conversation and stop them, because he isn't even a parent of the kids.

come to his office? jaemin scoffed. he really couldn't believe that this man helped him make such talented kids, of course jaemin thought it only came from him. he found jeno an absolute idiot to begin with. "i'm a ceo too as well? haven't you heard we're launching a new product soon? i'm busy and you know how it feels."

jeno shrugged, "of course i do. we're releasing too as well. we already have a bunch of articles on it's way tomorrow."

yes, this is the way these two companies work. they don't compete at different times, they do it at the same time to actually see who gets more buys.

it's childish but this is how it's always been. a competition. nothing more, nothing less.

renjun bit his bottom lip in nervousness, he cleared his throat to get jaemin and jeno's attention who were busy glaring at each other, they both looked at him, "what is it?"

"can i go home? it's getting quite late."

jaemin and jeno froze for a moment before realizing they've been bickering in front of the babysitter. were they that mad at each other?

nodding, jeno stood up and brushed his hair back since was hair a little messy from work, "alright. come with me."

not gonna lie here, but renjun found that quite hot. the way he brushed it back seemed even hotter than those hair conditioner commercials. truly a handsome ceo.

jaemin scoffed once more seeing renjun's reaction towards jeno's bold move, but didn't say anything about it. what would he say anyways?

jeno arrived at the front door with renjun tailing from behind like a lost puppy, he opened the door for him, giving him his iconic eye smile, "good night renjun."

renjun's face had already brightened up seeing the man smile cutely, it felt like his smile could save lives, he bowed respectfully before stepping out, "good night."

jeno waved goodbye once more before closing the door, and with that, he turned back to jaemin who was leaning on the wall with his arms crossed, "back to our fight..."

he walked closer to him, the more he stepped closer to jaemin, the more red jaemin got, because it was already too late for him to mov. he started this game and now it's too late for him to run away.

jaemin looked away from jeno's face that was leaning towards him, "jeno, it's three in the fucking morning. what do you want?"

"you." jeno said leaning in closer to jaemin's face. hearing that, jaemin looked at him straight in the eye, squinting them in confusion, "what?"

jaemin was shocked at jeno's one word answer. he couldn't help but blush and question why he would say such a bold word.

"— to stop hiding things from me." he said finishing off his sentence. smirking a little at his own trick which jaemin easily fell for.

may i remind you, the two were still in a position where jeno was this close to kissing jaemin, while the younger was backed up against the wall.

scoffing, jaemin punched his stomach softly enough to make jeno back away, thinking he escaped jeno, he smirked, "first of all, i was planning on telling you."

jaemin gulped once again at jeno's action, he trapped him again with his arms on each side of him, this time, he leaned in even closer, still leaving a small little gap in between them.

silence.

nobody said anything, nobody did anything. they just stayed there in that position. staring at each other's eyes, and their lips threatening to touch any moment from now.

jaemin bit his bottom lip looking at jeno's lips, he looked back up in his eyes, and all he saw was jeno's eyes with a confusing expression, he didn't know if it was love, anger, lust, or anything.

"hey jeno?" he said breaking the silence.

gulping again, jeno looked at jaemin waiting for him to speak any second from now, "what is it?"

"i have something to ask you."

oh gosh, jeno already knew what jaemin was gonna say. it was obvious from the way jaemin looked at his lips, the way he bit it as well.

jeno's going to be honest here, if jaemin asked for it, he'll give it to him.

not because he loves him, just because his lips look quite tempting. especially with only a few lights on in the first floor making everything seem hotter.

wrapping an arm jaemin's waist, pulling him even closer, to the point that their noses were already touching, he stared at jaemin's eyes even more, just waiting for him, "say it."

jaemin heaved a sigh before blinking a few more times, still thinking if he should say it. he doesn't know how jeno's gonna react.

"do you mind if i date someone else?"

_ t b c _