Chapter 1

Dedicated to: phianonote

Amores Kingdom
November 30: Selection Day

The people in Amores Kingdom were of high spirits. They were all outside of their colorful and bright abodes, waiting for the Lovely Queen and the royal carriage to arrive from the palace.

In each kingdom, there is a palace where the Queen resides, and a huge wall covering the whole place, with only one large gate where they can exit and enter from to go to other kingdoms or the royal government palace.

Finally, the long awaited day arrived. Five princesses will be chosen by the Queen herself since she had decided to personally come out of the palace and pick them. That's how it's always been for the Amores Kingdom.

Chatters and laughter resided in the kingdom while they waited for the Queen, and in one corner, along with her cheerful family, is a princess named Sophia. Her parents weren't her real and biological ones, but they were the ones who adopted her when she arrived in the Amores Kingdom.

It's a very rare occasion to get sorted into the kingdom where your real family resides, but it doesn't matter to her. By blood or not, she still considers them her real family. They were loving, caring, and honest. They raised her and didn't ask for anything in return.

Well, that's the case for almost everyone in the Amores Kingdom. The kingdom full of love and acceptance. The life here is exactly what she wanted. Easy and free.

Princess Sophia was excited to see the royal carriage since it is only used for the transportation of the five chosen princesses, but she wasn't excited to witness the selection process of princesses who are chosen to have a chance at being the next queen of their lovely kingdom.

She had just turned twenty years old about three months ago, and she's actually nervous that she might get picked.

I don't want to get picked.

Princess Sophia is already happy with what she has. She likes the way she lives. Nothing to worry about, no problems about how to rule a kingdom, and most importantly, no princes.

Contrary to other princesses in their kingdom who likes being around handsome and charming princes, she hates it. She doesn't want to be constricted. She doesn't want to have duties of being a good wife and a loving mother. She wants to be free, like she is now.

She doesn't even want to have a child. The child would probably be sorted into another kingdom, and she doesn't want that to happen.

"Bakit ba kasi ayaw mo? Don't you want to be given a chance to marry the prince?" tanong sa kaniya ng kinakapatid niya. She was only sixteen years old. The princesses that get chosen should be twenty and above. Lucky her.

Sophia simply pouted at her. "Do you badly want to give me away? Can you handle not seeing me for a month?"

Her sister, Princess Merida, smiled teasingly. "Yes! I'd be happy to not see you for a month! At saka hindi 'yon ang pinupunto ko. You get to marry the Prince. The son of the Lovely Queen! The most handsome of them all!"

Napairap naman sa kanya si Sophia. She doesn't get the hype. So what if he was the most handsome prince? She doesn't want to get married, and she most certainly doesn't want to be a queen!