Chapter 16

Royal Government Palace
December 11, Wednesday

Today was the same like any other day.

All the nobles were busy watching every move the rebels made, the warriors were training as always, and the lovelies were doing whatever they wanted.

Sophia wanted to hang out with Vera and Pauline, but Beatrice dragged her along to the hot springs.

So now, they were all soaking underneath and chatting amongst one another.

"I'm jealous of you, Sophia," sabi ni Ota.

Nagtaka naman si Sophia dahil sa sinabi niya. "Bakit naman? Anong meron?"

Beatrice let out a laugh. "Because Prince Nikolai likes you. You're probably going to be queen. Congrats."

"Me? Ako? Gusto niya? Nababaliw na ba kayo? Hindi ako ang gusto niya!" pagdedepensa ni Sophia.

Napakunot naman ang noo ni Fiona. "Kung hindi ikaw, sino ang gusto niya?"

"Si—" napatigil si Sophia sa pagsasalita. Right. I can't say that he likes Vera. That would be danger.

"Si?"

They were all looking expectantly at her but she just shrugged it off.

"Ewan. Nagugutom na ko, una na ko! Bye-bye!" sabi ni Sophia at saka umalis roon.

And Beatrice started talking. "Napapadalas ang pagsama niya sa kanila, no?"

"Kanino?" tanong ni Ota.

"The rebel with messy hair, the warrior with a scar, and the red-haired noble."

"Weh?" tanog ulit ni Ota. "I wanna hang out too."

"Are you serious?" Beatrice asked woth disbelief.

"Oo naman, may problema ba?" Ota replied.

"Oo nga, Beatrice. Is there a problem if we become friends with them?" Fiona asked, joining the conversation.

Natahimik naman si Beatrice. This isn't working. Why are they ganging up on me?

Meanwhile, Sophia was already with Vera and Pauline. Gaya kahapon, nakasampa na naman si Spike kay Pauline. It didn't want to leave her side.

Nagseselos na nga si Sophia dahil gusto niyang yakapin ang aso, pero agad itong kumakawala kapag kinukuha niya.

Favoritism. Unfair.

Nagdadabog na tumayo si Sophia at saka hinila si Vera. Inagawan mo 'ko? Aagawan din kita!

"Oy, saan kayo pupunta?" tanong ni Pauline.

"Sa mundong puno ng cupcake! Kaya 'wag kang susunod!"

Napakunot naman ang noo ni Pauline at hindi na niya ulit sila pinansin.

Sophia grumbled and pulled Vera inside. They went to the balcony and stopped there.

"What is it?" Vera asked as she sat on a stone bench.

At dahil silang dalawa na lang naman ang magkasama, Sophia took the chance to do her mission.

"What do you think about Nigel and Valerie? Would you do the same if, let's say, Prince Nikolai liked you?" she asked right away without even stuttering.

At kahit nagtataka, mabilis din namang sumagot si Vera. "No. And that's a really absurd question. Saan mo nakuha ang gusto ako ni Nikolai?" You're the one that he likes.